Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #71

New Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsm1788 View Post
Mine looks to be the little brother of the group, by the way just FYI the headlights in the '98 model are taken from a 1995 - 1997 F250 Ford truck so if you ever need to replace them or the bulbs, they are available at any local auto parts.
Take a look at this, I was in New Orleans a couple of years ago and parked next to my rig was this other Overland. I should have left a note, but at the time I did not realize how few 019.JPGand far between Overland's are.
Today out of the blue I started reading this forum and what did I find but a picture of my RV in New Orleans. Had the same thought as to leave a note, but didn't.
Had to join so I could reply.
Hoping I attached the picture I took.
What a small world!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0018.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	54933  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2014, 06:25 PM   #72

Overland Owners Club
Odessa Overland

Welcome to the group. We don't have an official forum yet, but are using this thread to keep in touch. The group is growing slowly, and some East Coasters are getting together in Perry, as you can tell from previous.

GRZLY 03, Dick and Heather Nester, Overland 4141, Apple Valley, CA

Old 01-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #73

Overland Owners Club

Name:	image-4244117356.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	405.6 KB
ID:	54967
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3813182546.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	432.1 KB
ID:	54968  
Old 01-29-2014, 11:45 PM   #74

Overland Owners Club
Here is a couple of pics of my 98 4141 The bedroom is different than others I have seen with bed against side wall.

Biill
Old 01-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #75

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMR View Post
Today out of the blue I started reading this forum and what did I find but a picture of my RV in New Orleans. Had the same thought as to leave a note, but didn't.
Had to join so I could reply.
Hoping I attached the picture I took.
What a small world!
PLUMR

Welcome to the Overland forum,

How funny that you found this forum and I had just made that post last week. Funny how things work out. Your pic looks much better than the one I shot. Nice rig, where are y'all from?
Don't know if you remember that weekend, but it was Halloween and I was trying to pull out of that parking lot that morning, I was wondering why so many police were in the area, turns out there was a marathon w/ about 5,000 runners which took about an hour before everyone had cleared the exit of the parking lot.
wsm1788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:13 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsm1788 View Post
PLUMR

Welcome to the Overland forum,

How funny that you found this forum and I had just made that post last week. Funny how things work out. Your pic looks much better than the one I shot. Nice rig, where are y'all from?
Don't know if you remember that weekend, but it was Halloween and I was trying to pull out of that parking lot that morning, I was wondering why so many police were in the area, turns out there was a marathon w/ about 5,000 runners which took about an hour before everyone had cleared the exit of the parking lot.
I don't remember Halloween so much, I was there for a trustee's convention.
I do remember the "very narrow" ticket / gate booth to get into that parking lot though! The large rig parked behind me for a night or so was Snoop Dog's (if you know who that is).
Went on to your state of Texas then back home to Ohio.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:16 PM   #77

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Well, we signed up to go to Perry, Georgia and are really hoping to meet other Overland owners while we are there... Is there anyone on here who is also planning on attending? I was glad to see the Rally fell during my Spring Break!

We have read through the posts on here and have had many similar experiences with our rig. When we first purchased ours we too assumed the manuals were just missing but we later met a gentleman who used to sell Overlands and he told us they just didn't come with much in the way of manuals. We have cobbled together a pretty good collection of any and all manuals my hubby thought he might need.

Looking forward to seeing you in Perry
Old 02-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #78

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
For anyone who wants to meet up with the Overland Club in Perry, Chuck Frogge is the "Rally Master" for this Overland Rally. Please call Chuck at 513-897-3646 to find out where they are meeting up before the Rally. In order for the FMCA parking crew to park the group together, you must all arrive together. You'll be hard pressed to find a nicer group of people to be around, especially since I can't be there....
Tell Chuck you got his phone number from me on the irv2 forum.

Have fun in Perry.

Don Sweger
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:49 AM   #79

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Here's a picture of our Overland pulling our trailer full of RV goodies on the way to the Quartzsite RV show in 2010. I believe we are somewhere in New Mexico.... We usually try to spend at least one day of our cross country trips off the Interstate...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0072.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	55463  
Old 02-08-2014, 07:47 AM   #80

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Hey, everyone.... It seems that irv2 is reluctant to create a separate forum for us Overland Owners, do to our limited potential size, which is reasonable on their part. I did a little research, and with a few hours work on my end, I can host a simple forum on my website. I really don't have time to be a full time forum administrator, but if enough of you Overland Owners want to give it a try, I'll get it installed, and see what happens. I will only say that we'll do this as an experiment to see if it is manageable, and is a positive benefit to the group. So, if a couple of you give words of encouragement, I'll move it forward on my end.

Don
Old 02-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #81

Overland Owners Club
Odessa Overland Forum

Don,

That's a real gracious offer, however, for me personally communication through IRV2 is preferable because I have easier access to other discussion groups without dialing up another web site. Maybe we'll attract enough folks soon to get a forum here. Using this thread is fine for me. Just my 2 cents.

GRZLY03, Dick and Heather Nester, Apple Valley, CA.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #82

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Thanks Don,
We think that would be great but if you decide not to we will just continue using this thread
Rick & Rita
Old 02-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #83

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Well, it's been 10 to 20 degrees BELOW freezing here for quite some time, so I've been inside a lot. I went ahead and installed a forum in the website.

You can access it at Overland Motorhome Owners Group Forum

Let's call it a work in progress for now, since I am learning as I go here. If anyone wants to use it, feel free to try it out and be sure to let others know about it. If no one else knows about it or uses it, it will be no more valuable than us texting one another... LOL

If it works, fine, if it turns out to be a bigger pain than benefit, then we'll let it die.

In the meantime, please sign up and play around with it.

Don
Old 02-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #84

Overland Owners Club
Overland Forum

Don,

Thanks for your offer to host a forum, I will sign in right away. I just hope that others will follow.
IRV2 is a great site, but I think that a dedicated forum would be great.

Thanks

wsm1788 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgie boy