Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #85

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
We plan to check out your new site and appreciate the time devoted to getting it up and running. Our concern is if the group moves all their posts to the new site, then we will never grow as a group. At least on IRV2 we have the chance that more Overland Owners will find us when they are searching the IRV2 site. We, like Grzly03 said, hope that more Overland people will find us and we will get the numbers needed.
HC-1 phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2014, 06:50 AM   #86

Overland Odessa

How do I post to the Overland threads, so all Overland owners can see my post concerning Overlands. Looking for a manual for a 1999 Overland Osprey, 40' 330 cummins. If not exact model ok, something close would be ok like a 1998 or 2000 etc. if not Osprey, Loredo would probably due. Thanks everyone!
Park Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #87

Overland Owners Club
Park Ranger,

Your question is pretty strait forward, you need a manual for your Overland. However I am not sure that all of the manuals are the same from one unit to the next. I do have all of my manuals for my Lorado 35' but to be honest these manuals are nothing more than two three ring binders w/ the individual components manuals from the respective mfg. of each fixture. So what I am saying is that they are not like printed pages detailing every system. I believe that you could use the web and go to Cummins and download their manual and Allison for the Trans info. and then to the stove / kitchen equip. mfg and download each or order from them direct a copy, in effect build it yourself. If it were as easy as making copies of all the pages I would do it for you, but that is not feasible considering the way it is put together. Probably not what you wanted to hear, and I will take a few pics of the manual so that you can see what I am talking about. But my rig is at the body shop for another week or so
a little mishap I would rather not go into.
wsm1788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #88

Overland manual

wsm1788, thanks for your feed back, I get it. don't need to send pics if it isn't really feasible. thanks….park ranger
Old 02-15-2014, 07:16 AM   #89

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Ranger View Post
wsm1788, thanks for your feed back, I get it. don't need to send pics if it isn't really feasible. thanks….park ranger
wsm1788 is right in that 98% of the manual is the documentation for the components installed. There are a couple pages which were written by Overland, but not very much. Even then, I'm not sure if what is in our Larado would do much good for your Osprey.

I'll be happy to get you copies of what I have, just as soon as I move enough snow to open the door and go inside.......
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:48 AM   #90

Yes I know that appliances and components are pretty standard and I can get info from manufactures etc. and also that the basic components in the home itself are used in most all motorhomes.
I am more interested in fuse panels, etc. for example: underneath steering wheel/cockpit area there are a bunch of fuses (maybe 20-30) deep underneath the dash and there is no identification or markings, of what those fuses go to. So if I have a electrical failure of some type, I would have to pull out a lot of fuses to try and find the culprit (if you know what I mean).:bang head: My last motor home (a 2001 Monaco) had the same situation with fuses deep underneath the dash (hard to get to by the way, you need to be a contortionist) and hope you don't pull a back muscle in getting down and under there with a flash light etc.. lol Well my Monaco actually in their manual, had a few pages showing where the fuse panel was, with size and location of each fuse along with identification for the area or item it was for.

Anyway sorry for the lengthy explanation, just thought that Overland might use the same wiring electrical wiring/harnessing and fuse location along with a fuse identification chart on their chassis. Mine is a freight liner. Thanks
Old 02-16-2014, 06:07 AM   #91

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Oh... Well I can tell you my two binders full of stuff have NOTHING about wiring diagrams or fuse panel layouts etc.

Sorry no good news there...

There is one good thing, at least they did use different color wires in many places. There are some rigs out there that use only one color wire for everything. At least we have a little hint now and then what color wire we might be hunting. (Assuming someone didn't splice a different color to it....)

I have a 6 inch long piece of red Freightliner wire that I figure cost me about $500.
Too long a story to type out here, but our brakes lights stopped working. Nine hours into it, we found a red wire looped around in one of the chassis wiring bundles that had a small defect in the insulation which in turn caused the wire to corrode INSIDE and lose continuity. There must have been a hundred red wires in that bundle.....

Sorry, I took it off track, but I'm pretty sure you aren't going to find wiring diagrams of any sort.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #92

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
Park Ranger: I found the following list on our 37 ft Lorado. Hope it helps.
Fuse List for Basement:
Color Size Location
blk/wht 15 Bath
blue 15 bedroom
orange 15 frt ceil lts
blk/wht 15 comp lts
purple 15 dr.slide/s-o
brown 15 step/por lts
yellow 15 furnace
red 20 heat pads
green 15 monitor panel
orange 15 pass side
red-12 15 refer
red-10 30 slide out contr
red 15 steo/out ent ctr/wtr htr
green 15 pwr. vents bath
tan 15 valance lts

Out of space...also have one for under hood.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:09 PM   #93

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
Fuses/120 volt plug for refrigerator

Fuse List Under Hood:
Ignition Power
10A Dash fan
10A Docking Lts
10A Mirrors
5A Power step
10A Vacuum pump
15A Rear Aux Heater
15A AC Condenser fan
5A Slide out relay
15A BVG MATE (OSPREY)

Constant Power Battery:
15A Map Lts/lighter
15A Emergency Start/fog lts
15A TV Antenna Booster
15A Spot light
15A/DB Power Seat
15A Radio
15A/CB Solar panel or prep
15A/CB GEN SLIDE (OSPREY)

Can anyone tell me where the 120 volt plug for the refrigerator is located?
Old 02-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #94

Overland manual

Wow, thank you very much HC-1 Phil, this will be very useful, excellent work!!

Really appreciate it, good job!!!

Park Ranger
Old 02-23-2014, 06:50 AM   #95

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC-1 phil View Post
Fuse List Under Hood:

Can anyone tell me where the 120 volt plug for the refrigerator is located?
If you remove the exterior ref. vent cover, mine is on the right hand side of the opening, in pretty easy view.

What I don't like, is my refrigerator is in the same circuit as all the kitchen outlets. If you forget and have a crock pot turned on, and if the refrigerator and coffee pot cycle at the same time, the breaker will trip.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #96

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
Scangauge

We have a 330 cat (3126B) and want to get a scangauge. Anyone have a unit they recommend?
Old 02-24-2014, 04:47 AM   #97

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
I have the Scan Gauge and it works great. Very easy to install and it gives you numerous engine malfunction codes along with various readouts such as miles per gallon, engine temp, RPM, speed, etc... Not sure how accurate the information is but it is nice to have an idea. If you send your engine specs to Scan Gauge they will add more codes specific to your engine.
Ghostlarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:34 AM   #98

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Another diesel monitoring product is Silverleaf Electronics. They have several different options which range from slightly expensive to WOW really expensive.

Tags
georgie boy