Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2015, 08:14 AM   #113

1997 overland loradeo

Well we just bought her, we have lots and lots to learn. So far I changed the oil and glow plugs on the generator it's the idl8000 not too bad of a job. I also switched out the house batteries for some trojan t105 golf cart batteries. This thing is going to have me scratching my head for sure. Last night the jacks operated perfectly. Went to put them down this morning and just get clicks. All the legs make the same sound. Had to be something safety related but I can't figure it out. Any ideas. I'm sure I'll be doing all the work and maintenance myself. I'll share anything I find.

Did the owners form open? I didn't see one.

Happy camping
Ian & Lisa
kingnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2015, 12:30 PM   #114

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Check ALL the fuses. Under the dash on the controller and under the coach near the pump (30amp).
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:26 AM   #115

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnai View Post
Well we just bought her, we have lots and lots to learn. So far I changed the oil and glow plugs on the generator it's the idl8000 not too bad of a job. I also switched out the house batteries for some trojan t105 golf cart batteries. This thing is going to have me scratching my head for sure. Last night the jacks operated perfectly. Went to put them down this morning and just get clicks. All the legs make the same sound. Had to be something safety related but I can't figure it out. Any ideas. I'm sure I'll be doing all the work and maintenance myself. I'll share anything I find.

Did the owners form open? I didn't see one.

Happy camping
Ian & Lisa
Welcome to the Overland Owners family.....

I did at one create a forum for Overland Owners and hosted through my website, but almost no-one used it and it has gone dormant.

There is a nice group of Overland Owners on a Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/537718293011161/

Might as well join in there. It's a little easier to get updates and post pictures, so I think the FB Group is working well. There are some great technicians in this group, so be sure to share your info over there also.

I'm assuming you have HWH hydraulic jacks. HWH has some great troubleshooting guides and tech info on their website. I'm sure you can find the info you need there.

You'll be discovering a lot about your new ride as you go along.
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:35 AM   #116

Thanks

There was a breaker in the battery bay that was tripped , I didn't notice it. Flipped it and the jacks all started working...

I've also sent a request to join the Facebook group.
kingnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #117

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Glad you found the problem, and I added you to the FB group. Be sure to chime in if you have other questions.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:49 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexabbot View Post
I am another Overland owner/lover. I have a 1996 Odessa. I like everything about. I have worked on my a lot. No problem getting parts.

We went to the FMAC rally in Perry Ga and an Overland owners group found us. They have a lot of information to share about Overlands. PM me and I will give you a contact.
Could you please send me the info to contact them. Thanks
squawgurl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:41 PM   #119

Just sold our 97 overland to our son who lives in it full time. It is a 42' with one super slide.
We loved the coach. We bought it five years ago in Arizona, and had been in storage for 8 yrs. believe it or not it only had 6,145 miles on it, and the heat while in storage did a job on some plastic items. Had to replace the tires, and even though the microwave still had the packing that came from the factory the heat fried the electronics. It went in the dumpster but a new sharp fit same hole perfectly

When we sold the coach it only had 19,500 miles on it. The 300 cummins wasn't even broke in yet.

We drive in the mountains a lot and the cummins did heat up on long hard pulls to the point I had to pull over once and let her cool down. As far as everything else worked perfect. The cabinets in over lands were built by Amish, and we have pictures of their buggy's parked outside the Indiana factory. These coaches were very well built and you won't be disappointed if you buy this one

Good luck with whatever you decide
Old 05-31-2015, 06:23 AM   #120

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by squawgurl1 View Post
Could you please send me the info to contact them. Thanks
There is a Overland Group on Facebook also. A lot of the Overland club members are part of the Facebook Group...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/537718293011161/
Old 08-04-2015, 07:32 PM   #121

Newbie Ovrland Owner and RVwe

I just got my 99 Overland this past April and we are currently on our first trip. My wife and I are new to the RVer world and are learning as we go. We still don't know how everything operates on the Overand and we have been stumped as to where to turn to get any answers. We have no owner's manual. I can't even tell you the stats on it like how long it is, storage capacities, engine size, how high it is. I can tell you it is a Lorado and it drives really well.

At the last RV site we stopped at in PA they had cable, but we could not get the tv to work. Right now we are staying at the RV site in West Point, so tv is not an option unless we watch a DVD.

If anyone out there has any information they would like to share it would be awesome.

craff
craff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #122

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Go to Facebook page from previous post. Post your story. Lots of great people. Answers for free.

Freightliner chassis?
Go to www.freightlinercustomchassis.com. Email customer service your vin and ask for engine info and serial number.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 08-05-2015, 06:32 AM   #123

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by craff View Post
I just got my 99 Overland this past April and we are currently on our first trip. My wife and I are new to the RVer world and are learning as we go. We still don't know how everything operates on the Overand and we have been stumped as to where to turn to get any answers. We have no owner's manual. I can't even tell you the stats on it like how long it is, storage capacities, engine size, how high it is. I can tell you it is a Lorado and it drives really well.

At the last RV site we stopped at in PA they had cable, but we could not get the tv to work. Right now we are staying at the RV site in West Point, so tv is not an option unless we watch a DVD.

If anyone out there has any information they would like to share it would be awesome.

craff
If you are coming back through Central PA, you're welcome to stop here and we'll help you in any way we can. I've got electric and water, you can stay a few days and I'll try to help you with your Overland as much as I can. Everyone was a newbie at some time. It's a lot to wrap your head around.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:33 PM   #124

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarkid View Post
Go to Facebook page from previous post. Post your story. Lots of great people. Answers for free.

Freightliner chassis?
Go to www.freightlinercustomchassis.com. Email customer service your vin and ask for engine info and serial number.
Bad link above - sorry! Should have checked it.

http://freightlinerchassis.com/
Old 08-10-2015, 12:54 PM   #125

1998 Overland Laredo M-3741 for sale

Hello All:

My wife and I are looking to get back into a Class A. We had a 2002 Coachmen Cross Country for a few years but sold it, then tried using a trailer but with two young kids, keeping them in a truck seat while you travel limits how far you can go, compared to a Class A.

There is someone selling an Overland Laredo near me, he's asking $22,900. I could probably get it for north of $20k. 37 footer, new tires, looks to be in good shape. Miles are around 87k. Has one big slide out.

NADA guides aren't helpful that much, but does this price seem reasonable?

bryan
bryanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #126

Overland to buy

I too recently bought a Overland 1990 model. 90 k on odo. 20 k for the unit is a decent price especially with slide out, make sure it works. Do a complete exman on everything. I'm still learning about mine, as a auto tech for years I have had the pleasure on working on some the Overlands so when my unit came up I jumped on it, good luck

Ben
gadneb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgie boy