Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #1

Off center awning

How can I recenter the awning.It is off center on the roller about 3" and when I close it I have a fight on my hands gettind the supports lined up
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

The top and bottom edges just slide in a groove. The top is held in place by a screw to prevent it from moving sideways - maybe you have a screw loose (!) or it was never set up right to begin with. If the screw is in place, remove it and slide the top of the awning to center it.
The bottom edge can usually slide in the groove on the roller tube - if it is off center just try to work it back when the awning is fully deployed. It should move.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #3

Thanks,I'll give it a try when the weather permits.We are having some crummy weather this week.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
I watched while the tech set up our new power awning. When it came time for him to install the awning into the rail, he used a pair of vice-grips with something covering the jaws top and bottom. May have been either pieces of plastic or thin plywood. At any rate, the vice-grips spread the gripping area and gave him something solid to hook on.
Always wondered how they got that fabric in that small rail. And yes he did add stops to keep it in place.
Like the previous post, drop the awning down and then center it as required.

Good luck and happy RV'ing
Piledrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:34 AM   #5

A little tip.... if you look at the "charged" end of the tube (where the latch to roll/unroll is located) you will see a small, usually 1/4" hole in the end. With the awning fully extended, using a small screwdriver, roll the awning tube by hand back and forth slightly relieving more tension and insert the screwdriver into the hole - this will hold all tension off of the roll allowing you to slide the awning canvas along the slot MUCH easier. A little silicone spray in the tube groove certainly helps too.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #6

Great advise,I will work on it when the rain stops probably Tuesday.Thanks
Old 03-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
It doesn't rain in Oregon on Tuesday's? Thats what I did wrong. Arrived on Wed. left on Mon.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning