Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2016, 01:37 AM   #29

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our rig has the dual interior electric shades, they seem to work pretty well but I'm still planning on ordering a Magneshade as the cats like to watch whats going on outside.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #30

My sympathies to you folks out west. We're supposed to get 95 here in NC this weekend. I just hope the humidity stays down.

ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:31 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
For those of you traveling in this heat, are your engines staying cool? Can you travel without stopping to cool down? What temperature are your engines at when your traveling?
Old 06-11-2016, 06:15 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Our rig has the dual interior electric shades, they seem to work pretty well but I'm still planning on ordering a Magneshade as the cats like to watch whats going on outside.
No question that the outside windshield shade works. We have the set made for CC by MCD back when MCD was still making them. One for windshield, one for the driver's window and one for the entry door. Really makes a difference up front in hot weather. Only negative is the need for a ladder to put them on.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:39 AM   #33

I just ordered a Magna Shade yesterday. Just need to get the coach back to double check the measurements. Also thinking about applying Lizard Skin Ceramic coating to the roof.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:27 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGirl View Post
I live in Scottsdale, AZ...escaped to "cooler" temperatures in Puerto Penasco, MX Saturday - Tuesday (100 beats 115 any day) and I discovered the rear AC finally gave it up. I was sweating the entire 4.5 hour drive. Now in the process of trying to find a replacement unit for a 2005 Expedition.

Do you have tire pressure/temperature monitor system installed? If not, might be a good idea to invest in one. The wicked high temps can cause the P to increase to dangerous levels. Even though I drove after things cooled off a little, I still had to pull over twice to let the tires cool off. I had no idea I was pushing my luck before!!

Good idea! Lol, no, i do not have tpms on my tires but i am going to invest in them because on the way back i rode on one rear flat for about two hours and didnt know it until i stopped to check! Good thing tire was not damaged and it was flat because angled inflation adapter was loose and leaking. Found a truck tire shop that checked it, aired it back up and made it all the way home!so yea, next time i am not leaving without tpms system
ama009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:29 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
did you come across through needles?

Yes through Needles.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:35 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pexring View Post
For those of you traveling in this heat, are your engines staying cool? Can you travel without stopping to cool down? What temperature are your engines at when your traveling?

My temps were getting dangerously high often going up the mountains through and past Arizona into Cali! Had to stop and cool down a couple times because temp got up too high for my comfort. On the other hand, i was pulling a large trailer with an expedition on it, so that probably contributed to the high temps as well. After that i tried to time going through mountains at night or early morning!
Old 06-18-2016, 06:05 AM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
Last year we traveled with 3 grandkids, criss crossing the USA from North Carolina to Oregon and back. Had to see the Grand Canyon. From San Fran, we traveled through Death Valley. We spent a night in Mohave Valley so the kids could visit Oatman. As we got into our toad, kids looked at the dash and it registered 112 degrees. They though the thermometer was broken! Too funny. Learned to face the coach away from the sun and to use a hand trimmed thermal blank in the front windshield in the front of the power shade. Coach was very comfortable.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote