Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2016, 09:39 AM   #29

Appalachian Campers
Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGHAMD View Post
I thought that but wasn't sure. We have a Cummins 350, 8.3 L. What I'm not sure about is it an ISC, or ISL. That will be something I'll ask when I get the service done. I'm always learning and will keep asking questions.....This is my 3rd MH and the 1st diesel. I have no mechanical background whatsoever and I don't have a handy husband around either, LOL!! So I'll keep asking and hope I don't seem to "dumb" here. Believe me, I've learned a lot in the last year, more with this coach than the others. Thanks to everyone for your continued help!!!
Since you have a Cummins, you can use the engine serial number located on a nameplate similar to this one.

and go to https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html to find out what engine you have (ISC or ISL).

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2016, 10:08 AM   #30

Quote:
I thought that but wasn't sure. We have a Cummins 350, 8.3 L. What I'm not sure about is it an ISC, or ISL. That will be something I'll ask when I get the service done. I'm always learning and will keep asking questions.....This is my 3rd MH and the 1st diesel. I have no mechanical background whatsoever and I don't have a handy husband around either, LOL!! So I'll keep asking and hope I don't seem to "dumb" here. Believe me, I've learned a lot in the last year, more with this coach than the others. Thanks to everyone for your continued help!!!

You have an ISC. The ISL is a 8.9.

Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Speedco #315
55 Manning Dr
Girard, OH 44420
I-80, Exit 226

It's near Youngstown, Ohio. I've used them, there is a Petro and Pilot there too. There is also one near Harrisburg, Pa.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerBoater View Post
How in the world were the Speedco rates a shock?

I do not think you could buy the oil and filters for much less than their services.

Stress free, oil analysis, complete chassis service including front axle lube and rear differential check, tire inspection, complete genny service (oil change, fuel filter and air filter), engine oil and filter change, fuel filters changed, water filter changed, coolant test- all for less than $350 out the door?

Plus, your oil will be nice and hot for a good drain prior to the refills.

Find one on the way to or back from PA, yo will be in and out in about an hour and learn quite a bit about your coach as they like the owner to be observing their services.

Ditto. 350 is a very reasonable price. For both, that's good!
Old 06-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #33

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The Cummins service center near me wants over $500 to do an oil/filter, both fuel filters, lube job and generator service....
I wish I could find a place that did all this for $350. Unfortunately there are no Speedco around where I live.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-05-2016, 09:32 PM   #34
UAV

Wait until you get near a Speedco...can't beat the price so if $350 for all of their service on both the engine and generator is too much I think you will never find a better place.

Also, if anything goes wrong anywhere in the country, you can pop into any Speedco to have them take care of it.

That, to me, is an added value rather than saving a (very) few bucks and taking it to a one shop shop.
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:34 PM   #35

We are going to get the service done at Speedco in Meridian, Ms. They are on our way. Thank you all for your responses. And, for the posts on engine specs, I really appreciate that. I'll be back in another thread at some point without a doubt.......this forum is my main go to place for help and answers to my questions.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:21 AM   #36

Final note on this. We got the service done in Cottondale, Al, not far from Merirdian, Ms. We had the Medium Duty service done. Also rear differential fluid changed. Cost was 448.00. They were unable to service the generator as last service people had messed up the drain plug and they couldn't get it out. At this visit, we also learned we have a Cat C 9 engine and not a Cummins as our owners manuals led us to believe. We did get the generator service the next day at an RV sales and service without any difficulty.....new drain plug in. That service was 73.00. I do have one question. Reading over Speedco's invoice, they noted no check on front diff., and transmission fluid. Not sure why as they are the ones that suggested the rear diff. As it turned out, much needed.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:48 AM   #37

Quote:
Final note on this. We got the service done in Cottondale, Al, not far from Merirdian, Ms. We had the Medium Duty service done. Also rear differential fluid changed. Cost was 448.00. They were unable to service the generator as last service people had messed up the drain plug and they couldn't get it out. At this visit, we also learned we have a Cat C 9 engine and not a Cummins as our owners manuals led us to believe. We did get the generator service the next day at an RV sales and service without any difficulty.....new drain plug in. That service was 73.00. I do have one question. Reading over Speedco's invoice, they noted no check on front diff., and transmission fluid. Not sure why as they are the ones that suggested the rear diff. As it turned out, much needed.

When they refer to the front diff., they are talking about a tandem axle heavy duty truck... You only have one diff. On your motorhome. You should be able to check the transmission fluid level using the keypad.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Tags
diesel, generator