Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oil Pressure Gauge

My wife and I are happy new (2 weeks) owners of a 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with a Cummins 330 isc. On this weekend's trip I noticed early on the oil pressure gauge was pegged passed 120. After checking all the vitals I opted to continue on thinking the gauge went bad. No other issues rest of trip to destination. Next day at departure oil pressure gauge worked properly for the first few miles then went back to being pegged.
Anyone else have the same problem and what am I looking at to repair?
Thanks in advance,
Stevehc
Stevehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Steve You may have a bad sending unit or a bad ground. That's my best guess. I'm sure there will be more suggestions.

Good luck and Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:22 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. Congrats on the new to you rig.IMO it is probably the oil pressure sending unit. If you can do it put a manual guage on it and check it, if not then take it to a Cummins dealer and have them do it. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #4

I had the same issue on my 1998 ISB, it was the sending unit on mine. I don't know if it's the same one, but it was only $30 from Napa and took about 5 minutes to change out. Here is a pic of the one on the ISB.

it's also available on amazon. Amazon.com: VDO 360009 Pressure Sender: Automotive

there is also another one on mine that is more expensive ($100) from Cummins. this one only talks to the ECU and not the gauge in my application. Go figure I replaced the expensive one first and it was the cheaper one that was the issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04516.JPG
Views:	588
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	73359  
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:56 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the advise folks. I checked with local Cummins dealer and it looks like I'll need to schedule it in for a new (updated) sending unit install and computer re-programing at their shop. They said it is a common problem for this vintage. Cost will be approx. $350.
Stevehc is offline   Reply With Quote