Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
I always use Mothers and a quick way to get the black film off is to use corn starch. Just put it on a soft clean cloth wipe it around and bingo film gone. Regular flour will also work, both save a lot of rubbing. Make sure you rub that Mothers in the more you rub the better the shine. Work up that good sweat it always better with a adult beverage or two, then sit back and admire.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #30

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well Sir, I had the wife order some Zephyr 40 from Costco.com and it showed up a couple of days later.
I found the Zephyr 40 at a TA Travel Center today, it was $17.30 for a pint bottle and no shipping.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
At least according to the manual the wheels on my Knight are clear-coated, and I am not to use any abrasives of any kind on them, nothing that I wouldn't also use on the body of the coach or the hood of my car.
Roger that Jim,
Like stated by some so far, it's pretty easy to determine if a wheel is clear coated or not. And, if so, some soap and water, then a wax coat should take care of them for a long time.
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
Clear coated wheels are great......until they get attacked by little stones and sand from normal driving and then they look terrible. I agree they are a breeze to wash and so on. But for me, I'll take the extra pride and work for the luster and shine. It's a matter of opinion that's all.

336muffin,
You're absolutely correct. I've seen "machine or MAT" finished wheels and then clear coated and they certainly do look nice and don't tarnish at all, AS LONG AS THE CLEAR COAT IS INTACT!!! Sometimes the clear coat is applied in perfect conditions and stays intact for quite some time but, sometimes, it develops "under skin" bubbles or cracks and then moisture infiltrates and well, you know the rest of the story.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I found the Zephyr 40 at a TA Travel Center today, it was $17.30 for a pint bottle and no shipping.
try that zephyr 40 with a mini powerball and you will be amazed
Old 06-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #33

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto19 View Post
try that zephyr 40 with a mini powerball and you will be amazed
I didn't buy any, just noting that I found it there. I'll have to check Jubitz in Portland and see if they have it when i need some. Right now I'm finishing up my inventory of Dry Wash N Guard products. Their metal polish does a great job, but the wax I put on dulled the shine (NOT a DWG product). It was a red bottle but not a Mothers product, just can't think of the name right now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote