Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaBoo View Post
Something with front end, im think8ng either breaks or some other safety issue, its grinds and when turnng clunks, i equate the sound with someone stretxhing a very large rusty spring, the creak and boink noise, lol not easy to explain i guess..
Could be something as simple as the sway bar bushings.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2015, 06:16 PM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, for one thing the OP doesn't have an "extended warranty", they have a service policy and under the law there's a big difference.
A service policy only covers what is or isn't spelled out in the contract. Usually lots of outs for the company and slow payment is the norm.
As was said: if it's a wear item then probably no coverage.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #17

JennaBoo, If I was standing near you the first thing I would urge you to do is calm down! Your gonna get through this!
Next thing, when you reply to the various e -mail post, start your reply to the specific poster. Use their code name like yours for example is Jenna Boo.
So you might be replying to YC1, or 007, or, BamaBoy473.
In other word your post might read "007, yes thats my problem" or "YC1, I'm not sure". This way your posts are much more understandable.
With regard to your problem. you may want to describe it as a narrative. For example.... "I was driving down the road about sixty mile an hour when I heard a noise"..., or perhaps " I was driving along when I felt....." Tell what you experienced, or felt or saw. What did you do then? Give what detail hyou can.

You were advised to call your warranty company and see who they did business with. Good idea, have you done that?
I see your in Burlington, Washington. I'm familiar with that area. Are you on the road, or parked or at an RV park? Its about 4:30 LOCAL Time as I write this. Not likely to get help at this hour. Make sure you and your rig are secure for the evening. Use the next few hours to identify a help source then get some sleep.
There are a number of RV dealers in your immediate area along I-5 including one in north Burlington. Get a phone book, look them up. At the least they may be able to recommend someone local that could help. I'm aware of an RV repair shop in Sedro-Wooley a community about 20 miles from you. I'm sorry I don't have the number but perhaps one of the RV dealers near you could help with that.
Stay on line, let us know how your doing. Hang in there! You'll get through this!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:38 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr mike View Post
JennaBoo, If I was standing near you the first thing I would urge you to do is calm down! Your gonna get through this!
Next thing, when you reply to the various e -mail post, start your reply to the specific poster. Use their code name like yours for example is Jenna Boo.
In other word your post might read "007, yes thats my problem" or "YC1, I'm not sure". This way your posts are much more understandable.
With regard to your problem. you may want to describe it as a narrative. For example.... "I was driving down the road about sixty mile an hour when I heard a noise"..., or perhaps " I was driving along when I felt....." Tell what you experienced, or felt or saw. What did you do then? Give what detail hyou can.

You were advised to call your warranty company and see who they did business with. Good idea, have you done that?
I see your in Burlington, Washington. I'm familiar with that area. Are you on the road, or parked or at an RV park? Its about 4:30 LOCAL Time as I write this. Not likely to get help at this hour. Make sure you and your rig are secure for the evening. Use the next few hours to identify a help source then get some sleep.
There are a number of RV dealers in your immediate area along I-5 including one in north Burlington. Get a phone book, look them up. At the least they may be able to recommend someone local that could help. I'm aware of an RV repair shop in Sedro-Wooley a community about 20 miles from you. I'm sorry I don't have the number but perhaps one of the RV dealers near you could help with that.
Stay on line, let us know how your doing. Hang in there! You'll get through this!
Absolutely great advice, we still don't know if this is something that started occurring suddenly or has gotten progressively worse over time. Other information would be beneficial. How many miles on the vehicle. How long have you owned it, any maintenance you have performed on it, etc. Can you drive it short distances? If not, do you have towing? If so, you can identify a company that can at least do an inspection and have the rig towed there. Since you are living in it, then you may want to be towed, or go to a place that will let you stay in it on their premises while they work on it. Previous poster stated to call the company you have your warranty/service contract with. Explain the problem. Ask for companies they work with in your area that accept their service plan/warranty. If they can't provide you with any, get their name, employee ID #, contact information and job title. Explain that you need it to fill out the Contact Form with the Washington State Attorney Generals office (link below). Don't get rude or excited with them, just explain that their service hasn't been what you expected of the contract you signed and paid them for and that you are requesting assistance from another entity. (the Attorney General's office). I lived in WA for 16 years, most recently in Granite Falls. The Attorney General's office was very helpful to me on several occasions.

https://fortress.wa.gov/atg/formhand...ntactForm.aspx

This forum is a fantastic resource to use for getting help and to help others, but don't assume we know all the specifics about your problem that you do! As Mr. Mike stated, first you need to calm down and help us to help you.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:03 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaBoo View Post
problem is i can find noone or any company that can or is willing to work with my warranty
The problem is also the solution.
Contact the warranty provider,, They can tell you which is their preferred provider of service in your area.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #20

Red face

Um, ok i have no pics of issues, as i have no idea what to take pics of under there,��as for the replies being all scattered, i apologize, i hot to reply but obv. I did it wrong, im sorry. Now,as for a pic ofme, how in earth does that help ? ��
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150509_164542.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	460.6 KB
ID:	101590  
Old 07-30-2015, 12:00 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
The problem is also the solution.
Contact the warranty provider,, They can tell you which is their preferred provider of service in your area.
We tried that yesterday, they said they do not store that info as they have clients nationwide, so they said basically were on our own
Old 07-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
That is an interesting set of replies....
Sorry!!!! Was obv. Retarded....
Old 07-30-2015, 12:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Give these folks a call and see if they can help: https://www.brazelsrv.com/

They are in Centralia and they do great work!
Thank you!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2015, 12:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Absolutely great advice, we still don't know if this is something that started occurring suddenly or has gotten progressively worse over time. Other information would be beneficial. How many miles on the vehicle. How long have you owned it, any maintenance you have performed on it, etc. Can you drive it short distances? If not, do you have towing? If so, you can identify a company that can at least do an inspection and have the rig towed there. Since you are living in it, then you may want to be towed, or go to a place that will let you stay in it on their premises while they work on it. Previous poster stated to call the company you have your warranty/service contract with. Explain the problem. Ask for companies they work with in your area that accept their service plan/warranty. If they can't provide you with any, get their name, employee ID #, contact information and job title. Explain that you need it to fill out the Contact Form with the Washington State Attorney Generals office (link below). Don't get rude or excited with them, just explain that their service hasn't been what you expected of the contract you signed and paid them for and that you are requesting assistance from another entity. (the Attorney General's office). I lived in WA for 16 years, most recently in Granite Falls. The Attorney General's office was very helpful to me on several occasions.

https://fortress.wa.gov/atg/formhand...ntactForm.aspx

This forum is a fantastic resource to use for getting help and to help others, but don't assume we know all the specifics about your problem that you do! As Mr. Mike stated, first you need to calm down and help us to help you.
I am so sorry for my idiocy, ive figured out the reply. Im sorry did not give enough detail,truly ws not trying to rile anyone,or annoy.im new at this folks, thank you so much for all the help, as i said warranty peeps will not assist, say they dont keep lists as they are nationwide. Tried many diff shops noone would help, as soon as we meentioned warranty,all of a sudden,im a leper...thank you for the long response hit the rhod, i so appreciate you! I have finally located some possible assistance thru freightliner. ... i have a roadmaster chassis, and they say they will look at it for me... thanks again, will come back and let ya'll know what happens,i apologize again for being uninformative and ignorant. God Bless.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr mike View Post

Thank you soo much mr.mike i appreciate the long response and im sorry for all confusion. ..will try to do much better,thanks again to all you great folks.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #26

Jenna, I'm very familiar with the Roadmaster chassis that is used on many Monaco motor homes and I believe that is the chassis under your Cheetah. I've had them completely disassembled, and I'm trying to think of something that might make the noises you describe, but cannot think of anything I'm sure of. Could you try to give us a little more info about your problem?

Do you experience any noise while driving down a smooth, straight highway?
Do you experience anything unusual in steering "feel" while driving down a straight, smooth highway?
Does the noise seem to be coming from one side or the other of your coach?
Is the noise definitely coming from the front of your coach?
Does the noise happen only when you apply brakes?
When you apply brakes, do you immediately get the noise?
Does the noise seem to be accompanied by any movement that you can feel?
Is your generator slide securely locked in place?
Are you accompanied by anyone who could crawl under your coach and look for any obviously loose components?
Old 07-31-2015, 01:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanwill View Post
Jenna, I'm very familiar with the Roadmaster chassis that is used on many Monaco motor homes and I believe that is the chassis under your Cheetah. I've had them completely disassembled, and I'm trying to think of something that might make the noises you describe, but cannot think of anything I'm sure of. Could you try to give us a little more info about your problem?

Do you experience any noise while driving down a smooth, straight highway?
Do you experience anything unusual in steering "feel" while driving down a straight, smooth highway?
Does the noise seem to be coming from one side or the other of your coach?
Is the noise definitely coming from the front of your coach?
Does the noise happen only when you apply brakes?
When you apply brakes, do you immediately get the noise?
Does the noise seem to be accompanied by any movement that you can feel?
Is your generator slide securely locked in place?
Are you accompanied by anyone who could crawl under your coach and look for any obviously loose components?
Mostly when turning, yes its front for sure, breaks seem to grind when applied, no noise while straight and smooth, wierd creaking noise when turning in either directoon, so basically two issues, grinding when breaking and loud creaking when turning, both began at same time, not sure what the generator thing is you mentioned, i should obviously know, i am aware and feel really stupid, so pls save those types of comments, i got in way over myhead, i know this.. we use generator often works great. I have crawled under, but it could be on fire and i probably wouldnt know what to look for, exaggeration of course, but did not see anything, everything is oversized and foriegn to me, aint like looking under my honda, thats for sure, if i missed any questions let me know, ive been accused of not enough detail, dont wana do that anymore, am not trying to waste anyones time, i promise, just need to know if this rigs trying to kill us...had family emerg. Last evening, now will not be able to get to freightliner for a bit, hubs leaving town for a month. So i guess i stay where i am, although would love to take a trip by myself in her to go camping, as i love doing that and having new back yrd all the time, but am not sure if it will try to kill us, lol while im at it...
Old 07-31-2015, 02:51 PM   #28

Hi JennaBoo, Looks like your hangin' in there! Reading your last post. Let me see if I got this straight.
A) no noise when your running on a smooth straight road.
B) Weird, creaking noise when you turn, or steer , left or right, and your moving.
C) Grinding noise's when stepping on the brakes to come to a stop.
You know, I'm no expert but what you describe sort of sounds like (A) power steering that needs fluid or servicing. Automobiles make sounds like that when the fluids are low and you steer one direction or the other. In most case's simply topping off the reservor with power steering fluid can fix that. I'm just guessing but if you had or perhaps have a leak and lost fluid earlier, perhaps, just perhaps that might be the cause of the noise. I would recommend looking under the front or opening the front of your rig if possible and search for leaks. Also if you have the operators manual or drivers manual for your vehicle, look through it and see if theres anything written about servicing, power steerring, or what ever.
Let us know what you find out.
About Grinding when you step on the brakes.
Again I'm just guessing. Most big rigs like yours have disc brakes. The same kind of brakes airplanes use. I'm wondering if their worn down to the point that they are making metal to metal noise as the parts come together, indicating you need a brake job. It can be as simple as replacing whats called "PUCKS". Depending on how severe the grinding is and how long its gone on, the "ROTOR's" may have to be turned or replaced. A bit more involved but not the end of the world. Again I'm just guessing but thats what comes to mind reading your writing (post)
This brings up the question, how long have you had this RV? What can you tell of it's maintenance history? The answers may point toward the problem.
I don't mean to be nosey but are you still in Burlington? You mention that your husband is leaving for a month. I'm wondering, are you a navy wife, a young navy wife with a hubby at the naval air station at Whidbey?
If so, help is available on base, plus theres a RV park there and other resources.
I'm retired navy and would be more than willing to make some calls and "hook you up" if that would help. Not trying to get into your business. Only trying to do for you what I hope someone would do for me if the shoe was on the other foot.
Good Luck