Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2015, 11:34 PM   #43

Glad I read this thread. I thought you were being held at gunpoint or something!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #44

I just wrote a novel ya'll, and it disappeared, crap.. ok il make it shorter this time.. went to freightliner, found 1 stinking missing bolt on caliper, said to dangerous to drive so, 6 hours 1 bolt, 300.00 later were safe..very upset at the cost, but what can i do, i thanked The Lord i had it at the time, wanted to thank you all for your support and great advice, been having very hard times layely, but knew i needed to return to update you all and thank you again for the help and suppert, maybe next time i cn share a pleasent adventure, i sure need one, as im sure you all do as well.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:25 AM   #45

Wow that is a great catch. Some noises are good not to ignore, and you made the right call getting this one looked at!
Old 09-23-2015, 07:44 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaBoo View Post
I just wrote a novel ya'll, and it disappeared, crap.. ok il make it shorter this time.. went to freightliner, found 1 stinking missing bolt on caliper, said to dangerous to drive so, 6 hours 1 bolt, 300.00 later were safe..very upset at the cost, but what can i do, i thanked The Lord i had it at the time, wanted to thank you all for your support and great advice, been having very hard times layely, but knew i needed to return to update you all and thank you again for the help and suppert, maybe next time i cn share a pleasent adventure, i sure need one, as im sure you all do as well.
Jenna, regarding your post disappearing--I think all of us on this and other forums have experienced that. It has happened to me so many times that I have ALMOST totally conditioned myself to composing posts in Outlook or a word processor, then copy-and-paste to the forum editor.

Very glad to hear your problem is fixed. Update us on your adventures, please.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #47

I'm glad you were able to have the problem diagnosed and fixed! $300 isn't pocket change but in the world of RVing, not too bad, especially if it is a fix for a potentially devastating problem.

The gremlins that snatch posts out of midair live in most forums. I wish someone would develop a trap for them!

Safe travels...
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #48

Half the time I lose a post it was user error. Cursor is not in edit window and I hit backspace, which tells the browser to go back. I'm now very careful with my use of backspace and making sure the cursor is really in the edit window.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
This is a test of the emergency recovery system, if this had not worked, you would not have seen this post

Just hit the forward button.

Quote:
Cursor is not in edit window and I hit backspace, which tells the browser to go back.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:32 AM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Mike View Post
This is a test of the emergency recovery system, if this had not worked, you would not have seen this post

Just hit the forward button.
Depends on your browser, n'est ce pas?
Old 09-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #51

I only have that issue when working on the laptop. My thumb must roll over somewhere it shouldn't on the pad while typing.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:46 AM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Many repair insurers pay direct via credit card, but it can still be time-consuming to submit estimates and get approvals. And the shop doesn't want to be in the middle when the insurer refuses to pay some or all of the bill.

Seems to me the first step is to get an estimate of what repairs are needed. Easiest, of course, if that same shop will accept direct payment, but not absolutely necessary.

Some other good places to try are Henderson Line-up in Grants Pass, OR, and Eric's RV in Sequim, WA.

Oops! I just read that you found a shop and got it fixed. $300 isn't bad for any chassis work.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:13 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Depends on your browser, n'est ce pas?
FF and Chrome are good, but IE not so much. Just another reason not to use IE. Not sure about Opera, Safari or the dozen or so sans nom browsers.

Sorry were off topic - once again.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:07 PM   #54

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Mike View Post
FF and Chrome are good, but IE not so much. Just another reason not to use IE. Not sure about Opera, Safari or the dozen or so sans nom browsers.

Sorry were off topic - once again.
Ha!! I do use ff, lol i hate ie!!! And im on topic, for your comment, LOL
Old 09-24-2015, 02:08 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
I'm glad you were able to have the problem diagnosed and fixed! $300 isn't pocket change but in the world of RVing, not too bad, especially if it is a fix for a potentially devastating problem.

The gremlins that snatch posts out of midair live in most forums. I wish someone would develop a trap for them!

Safe travels...
You aint kidding ...
Old 09-24-2015, 02:11 PM   #56

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanwill View Post
Jenna, regarding your post disappearing--I think all of us on this and other forums have experienced that. It has happened to me so many times that I have ALMOST totally conditioned myself to composing posts in Outlook or a word processor, then copy-and-paste to the forum editor.

Very glad to hear your problem is fixed. Update us on your adventures, please.
Great idea!!!! Wish id thought of it.. i will now!! And il be back to see ya'll soon im sure, trying to get ready for washinton winter, as i havent experienced one in 18 years, i hear they have changed in many ways, no snow in my part for couple years i hear, winter i left, my car was completely covered....not sure what to expect licing in mh thru one, but we shall see!