Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #1

OMG....Which To Buy????

We are just about to pull the trigger on a New Motor Coach....but since we have never purchased or owned before, am hoping for some advice. We are looking for at least a 42' Diesel Pusher. We are considering either the American Revolution or the Entegra Anthem or Aspire. Both have the Cummins Diesel, so we are not so concerned with the power of each, but are more concerned with the quality of each and if one may outshine the other. Any advice or comments? Would appreciate both! Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Hard to beat the Anthem...price with amenities at that price point, quality of the coach (read Cruzer comparison between American Coach, Tiffen and Entegra), service from Entegra, and a two year bumper to bumper warrantee.

There's a lot of us new customers that are really happy with our selection.

In the end, though, you gotta look at floor plan and what you want...

Good luck

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Compare the coaches apple to apple. Look very closely at all the systems. Personally, I was not impressed with some of the materials used in the interior construction of the Entegras. I though their price point was a touch high for the quality of construction I observed. These opinions are based upon comparisons at RV shows only. I did not drive either. The woodwork did not feel as solid on the Entegra. Again, my opinion.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to IRV2. Good luck and enjoy.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #5

OMG KimAnn, you're outta my leauge
Any of the coaches you are looking at should be awesome. A lot of folks have reservations about buying a new coach as most will have issues that need to be addressed. They will buy one a year or two old that have the bugs worked out.

Course others want a brand new one and won't settle for less, so it's your call. I'm sure you'll get a lot of input on this topic, course if I own one it is the best, or worst

Make sure the dealer gives you a complete explanation of each of the systems on the coach, how they work and function. Then find a campground in the immediate area and stay there a day or two for a shakedown of the coach. This will allow for some of the bugs, if any, to rear their ugly heads

Anyhoo, welcome aboard and most of all ENJOY your new coach you will LOVE it.
Happy Trails
Jim
Chaffeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #6

Are they both new? If so, I assume both have the Cummins with the diesel particulate filter and DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) injection. Be sure you fully understand the requirements of that system.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I vote for the Rev.! AC support and quality are not surpassed IMO buy anyone in the MH industry. BTW,
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
We settled on the 43W AC Rev and love it but, can't compare or comment on the Entegra but there seems to be a lot that of good reports on them. Our decision came down to the floor plan and the fact that we didn't have a Integra dealer close by. Materials and components along with very solid construction will make the AC a good choice.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I have not looked at the Entegra. I looked at the Revolution and the Tradition a lot. The Tradition has a much nicer cockpit and air leveling is standard. I also remember the heated floor as being available in the Tradition and not in the Rev, not sure though. 42M was our choice. The Entegra line does not offer air leveling, at all, and was removed from consideration for that.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Also note, I don't believe Entegra offers a full wall slide, at least not on 2012.

As far as the comment from one poster regarding the DEF.... It is a non event. Just put a jug in every few fill ups. We had a Cat engine on our 07 Discovery when we ordered it and I will say the Cummins is about 75% quieter.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAnn View Post
We are just about to pull the trigger on a New Motor Coach....but since we have never purchased or owned before, am hoping for some advice. We are looking for at least a 42' Diesel Pusher. We are considering either the American Revolution or the Entegra Anthem or Aspire. Both have the Cummins Diesel, so we are not so concerned with the power of each, but are more concerned with the quality of each and if one may outshine the other. Any advice or comments? Would appreciate both! Thanks!
Full-timing brother and sister-in-law liked our coach so much they just bought a 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E. Everyone's needs and wants are a little different but Winnebago has been around for a long time.

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
American Coach, Fleetwood's luxury division, is top notch with great support from the factory. They did two weeks of serious work on mine, after it was a year out of warranty...no charge and they paid for 1,500 miles worth of diesel fuel.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi,

I can't comment on either coach as I don't know the coaches however being I'm a loyal Winnebago guy I would recommend a Winnebago.

There is one problem I have with your request and that is have you ever driven a vehicle that big 42'? THen if you ad a toad it will be even longer. If you haven't driven anything that big than I would start out with a shorter unit and work your way up to a larger unit.

I have driven charter coaches (prevosts, MCI's) so would feel comfortable behind a 42' and handle my 33 footer like a baby carriage.

Now I will stick my neck out and someone with a diesel pusher will probably cut it off but I will speak my mind anyhow. Do you know the costs of operating a DP? Diesel fuel is higher than gas right now and both units get about the same mpg. DP's take more oil at oil change times than gas units do plus they have more filters than gas units do. THey make some nice gas units up to 38' if you are interested.

Lastly I will say look before you leap! Good luck.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Hard to beat either of those brands. I have an American Coach, but would buy an Entegra that suited our needs in a heart beat if we were shopping. Choose what best suits you.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote