Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-16-2016, 10:43 PM   #29
Top speed of my toad is 65 behind the MH, open road I set the cruise to 63, with an alarm on the GPS at 66 (hills). If not towing, which is almost never these days, I may push the speed to 65 to 67. If you are driving faster, you're doing it wrong. Enjoy the ride. As for the top speed of 80 (crazy fast), your engine probably has a speed governor, to limit engine speed.

On a side note, after I got my new to us MH, I was going through the computer displays, someone had the beast up to 83 mph!

LINADR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #30
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
My coach will run all day long at 75-80 mph BUT why would I want to do that??? Major safety issue; really cuts down on mpg; and most importantly we travel to see the scenery.... Hard to see it as its whizzing by at 80 mph.....
I won't be intentionally driving 75 to 80.
Yes no seeing anything at those rates of speed. I want to get to my vacation destination in one piece. I really have no concern for gas mileage. If that was a concern I wouldn't have an RV. But I will pay attention to that on the way home. Out of curiosity.

Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:40 AM   #31
Ford Super Duty Owner
We traveled 18000 + in the last 12 months and have loved every mile. First thing I'd comment are the thoughts that are on my mind as I travel down the highway - what happens if something goes wrong, how will I respond, what will happen to my family if I don't respond correctly and what will happen to my home on wheels. Each a daunting thought.

Then I think through the rationale for our motorhome - we wanted the journey to be the destination. A few of our children and grandchildren have made a portion of the journey with us - sitting on the living room sofa watching our national treasures go by. We bought them young people based road atlases and cameras. Each day they wrote out 3x5 cards with what they'd seen that day. Later the DW helped the kids organize a picture book with the 3x5 cards as the narrative.

Hard to have done this at 80 mpg.

Just our 2 cents.
US Army Retired - loving it in our Challenger 37TB.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:53 AM   #32
No, lol! I keep grinning over it, too.

Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Am I the only one who caught this? Made me laugh! I'm still smiling! Everyone else complaining that you should never go 80mph. Thanks, you brightened my day!

Johnitis is online now   Reply With Quote