RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2017, 03:24 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know these feelings and honestly would not be willing to give them up.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2017, 03:45 AM   #16
Ex Millwright / Army Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
Researching is just part of a repair job. Remember before there was internet? Very hard to find advice and parts, manuals, and a place to fix things. Much easier now.
Almost never pay full retail for parts anymore. Before only available from mfgr. Or junk yards.
Manuals? If you could find them, ordered via phone, waited 1-2 weeks for them to arrive. Now most are available online in pdf files.
Advice: almost too much now. Zero before, unless you knew someone.
I would never have bought a DP, without Internet backup.
Well you do have an excellent point about having the internet now to find parts, advice, and ordering. I'm with you. Back in the day before the internet, I can't imagine having this behemoth and keeping it healthy.

TEAM Martin & Joanie, FTers, RVM#181
2012 WGO Vista 35F, 5 ST, Toyo M122's/duallys, Centramatics (all around), TPMS, ScanGuage II, Safe T Plus, SS Rear Trac Bar, CHF (F/R), Koni FSD's, 2017 FORD Fiesta Toad, Escapees
Making Traveling, FTing and Our Motorhome "GREAT AGAIN".
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:27 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post

enjoyed reading your topic headings and a complete post or two, have bookmarked and will return to read the rest. i appreciate your preventative maint / replacement mindset.

thx for posting your link.
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:59 PM   #18

This past summer I started a major project on our 2000 Georgie Boy Cruise Master... new roof and passenger side wall repair... many many hours doing research for materials and techniques... ended up removing the passenger side wall from the front cap to the entry door and rebuilding it... had installed an add a leaf spring to the right rear... Firestone air bags front and rear... was a huge project... but then.... the joy, satisfaction, reward and excitement of driving it 1800 miles to South Florida for vacation with my wife and children is indescribable to almost anyone...

Boondockin is offline   Reply With Quote