Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #1

Operating my air conditioners

I have been on one three nighter in my new [1999] kountry star. I had problems with my one wall thermostat. the question's are,do both work at the same time, do zone one an zone two cover each end of the coach.which zone should you normally use an should the temps be set the same? The a/c's are dometic low profile heat pumps.
Any help on how to operate them normaly would be very helpful
Thanks Folks
charlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I run my zones at whatever temp is comfortable, running both at the same time. As long as you are on a 50 amp.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #3

I was on 50 amp,but they didn't seem to be running together at times.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #4

Your single thermostat operates both air conditioners, front and rear. Check to make sure you have set up the correct mode for each zone, whether furnace, fan, cool or off. I find that I have to set the temperature differently for the two zones otherwise the back (which is the bedroom) is cold cold cold.
Dwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #5

do they run together all the time? Is the zone 2 the bedroom?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlee View Post
Yes.

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #7

The most efficent way to run the airconditioners is to set the fans to high. I only do this when it is very hot out. Once the inside of the MH has reached a comfortable temperature, I set the bedroom about 4 degrees cooler, then the living room, during the day and set it just the opposite when going to bed. This way the unit that is on the most is at the opposite end of the MH and it is quieter where you are.
Make sure to periodically remove and rinse out the round filter material that is in the return ducts.
Tom

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlee View Post
The units operate independently of each other depending on the temperature set for each zone. There are two temperature sensors. They may or may not both be on at the same time.

Zone 1 is the front living area and zone 2 is the bedroom.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Charlee,
In addition to what Dirk posted, set the temp for each zone so you are comfortable. This will depend on how you are parked in relation to the sun. The big windshield will radiate heat/cold into the front of the coach. For me, I forget the number of the setting. It's what is good for you at the time you need the HVAC. Only time will tell you what this is. Leaving the fan on, when temps are extreme, is a good idea.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:57 AM   #10

Thanks a lot guy's,I think this ole dumb A--- can figure it out now. when I bought this couch,there wasn't many manuals with it.
thank's again