Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #15

In five years, the Signature will retain more of its value, IMO. Plus, the return on investment of owning a rig in the higher end of the food chain - must be worth something too...

Not bashing the Fleetwood, and understand the comfort of 'newer must be better'...

If either has better documented history, that could change things. But all things eing equal, I'd go for the higher quality unit.

Good luck on your decision,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleInOne View Post
I guess if you ask for opinions you're bound to get some smart azz answers.

Maybe next time you should state that you only want opinions you agree with.....

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #17
Community Administrator

My opinion here is that our rules frown on personal attacks. Lets get back on topic.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #18

When we looked at the Fleetwood there was a lot of "Ya that broke but I have the part" & "Ya they recalled the electric levelers but since then I haven't had any problems". Just about then I saw his wife wipe up a drip from the bottom of the cabinet. There was also fresh sealant on the roof joints. I haven't looked at the Signature yet but have seen an Executive and I am pretty sure we are going with an older higher end unit.
HoleInOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #19

I'm a bit biased, but I would go for the newer coach, in this case the Expedition. There is newer and in many cases better technology in my opinion, better aerodynamics, style, etc. However the bottom line has to be the coach that you fits you and yours the best.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
I'm investing..in a new lifestyle that has less stress, no 11 hour days, no workaholic boss, and to see this great country. At the end of my days, I'll have valued every single day of my "investment".
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I'm investing..in a new lifestyle that has less stress, no 11 hour days, no workaholic boss, and to see this great country. At the end of my days, I'll have valued every single day of my "investment".
That is just the reason I am looking for a motorhome. Only difference is I was the boss. I have worked for a long time and am having a hard time with the fact that there isn't going to be a paycheck every Friday...I don't want to be dependent.
HoleInOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I know I already gave an opinion, but I just did a lot of research after reading this thread on both coaches, and now I am really lusting after this Monaco you are talking about. It is hands down, in my opinion a coach to die for.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
I got to tell you...I've been the boss, hundreds counting on me an millions at risk with my decisions...they didn't pay me enough. Spouse and I are walking away from a big chunk, each. And the combination of the feds and the state are getting over 50%. If you salaried (as opposed to drawing dividends and capital gains), I guess I've just lost my zeal for it. So the question I have for you, is, how do you do the after you've had your first bypass and are scared to death of doing anything risky...or your wife is in a wheelchair from MS. If you can swing it...do it. That's an investment in you that you die having cherished every moment of it.

And I can always ask Wally for a greeter job, if I need to go back to work
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #24

Normally, I would say to go with the one that was much higher end, even if it's older, but it's not always fun when all those fancy-bits stop working...as is sometimes the case with an older coach. I'm sure you could find many parts you can no longer buy replacement parts for. If the Fleetwood is rough, then pass...but if hypothetically it was clean, I'd go with it. Sure, it may not have been $500k new, but they're a nice unit, it's 7yrs newer, and you'll enjoy being able to not have to hunt as much for replacement parts, should you need to. my .2cents
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #25

Quote:
I got to tell you...I've been the boss, hundreds counting on me an millions at risk with my decisions...they didn't pay me enough. Spouse and I are walking away from a big chunk, each. And the combination of the feds and the state are getting over 50%. If you salaried (as opposed to drawing dividends and capital gains), I guess I've just lost my zeal for it. So the question I have for you, is, how do you do the after you've had your first bypass and are scared to death of doing anything risky...or your wife is in a wheelchair from MS. If you can swing it...do it. That's an investment in you that you die having cherished every moment of it.
Dave and Beth,

I know where you're coming from. My first wife had MS. We kept holding off doing the RV thing until, as it turned out, the last 6 months of her life. We really enjoyed those 6 months. She died quite unexpectedly in 2002. I had planned to retire 3 weeks after she died, and decided it was still the right thing to do. I met and married my current wife in 2004. My message to you is, if you can, retire and enjoy those years that are left to you. No one can predict the future, but my philosophy is when it comes time for the rocking chair I want to sit there talking about things we saw and did, not sit there saying I wish we would have done this or that.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote