Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #43
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
Either way, here would be my choice for a perfect balance of quality vs price and I keep thinking that 2005 would be the cutoff, before they were cheapened somewhat by the last company owners, so more research might be in order...
Blue Bird Wanderlodge and Motor Coach Brokering Service
We're talking true land yacht here, that can be renovated forever, if necessary.
I totally agree. Could not be happier with my "tank".

Ron & Peggy Carter
2004 M380 BB Wanderlodge; 2010 Enclave/M&G Brake
Punta Gorda, FL
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #44
When I was looking, I focused on Newmar, country Coach, Tiffin and Winnebago. I purchased a Newmar and I have been very pleased with how the coach was built and the customer support Newmar provides.

Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:21 AM   #45
LA Gulf Coast Campers
I know you said DP, but since you are a dirt track man and want to go places that others may not want to go, consider a used Seneca.

Solid diesel performance with the engine in a location that is totally easy to work on and maintain without crawling under the bed in a pusher.

The huge mass up front gives good protection in case of front end crash. May not be your cup of tea, but this thing is a beast.

36' Itasca Meridian DP, now 2005 Newmar Scottsdale 34' Gas
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:07 AM   #46
Prevost with Marathon conversion....
2005 Country Coach 40 foot Inspire 330
HoleInOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:38 AM   #47
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Smile Newbies looking and learning!

We are looking for our first RV - we originally liked used 2011-12 FR Georgetown 374TS; liked floorplan, size and budget; could have got one for about 50K. However, saw quality problems especially with peeling furniture and have decided we would be better off with a quality Diesel Pusher. Our ideal wish list is 50-90K budget, King bed, free-standing dinette not booth, recliner, washer-dryer, and dark wood cabinets. Getting a good deal is important because we are not quite 100% sure about RVing so we could sell in a year. That's one reason we were first looking at gas with low miles so the initial investment would be less. Locally we are looking at a 2005 Fleetwood Expedition 37U but doesn't have King or W/D. On PPLmotorhomes I see a 2006 Beaver Monterey Laguna by Monaco that looks good with everything we want but we are trying to find out if that is a "recommended" quality model, especially before driving all the way from Florida to Houston. Looked at some Dutch Stars a little above our budget but haven't seen one with all the boxes checked yet. We would welcome any recommendations!
LarryH14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:04 PM   #48
If you drop the king bed requirement your search will really open up. You shouldn't have any issue finding something from Newmar, Travel Supreme, Country Coach, Monaco, etc. in that price range if you aren't hung up on the king bed. Push you search back to about 2000-2005.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:30 AM   #49
Monaco Owners Club
There are a myriad of choices, it can be bewildering. Decide on your must haves.

For the DW and I we start with three things. Air leveling, tag axle and AquaHot.
This thins the herd considerable. Any Coach that has those will well built. Then it it just a matter of floor plan and mechanical condition.

As mentioned earlier, the Dynasty is a great Coach. I wish I could take credit for being smart, but ours was first pitch home run, our first Class A. Ideally it would be 43', tag axle with ISM. But now I'm nit picking.

Jim and Jennie, Cats=Bittles and Potter, 2000 Dynasty 350 ISC
2013 Silverado 4x4 Towed with R1200GS in bed.
PROV23:4 Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote