Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #15

You made a great choice, beautiful coach, you'll get years and years of service from that vehicle.

Enjoy and see you down the road.

Happy trails
Jim

Chaffeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #16

Make sure you check the DOT date codes that are stamped on the sidewalls of the tires. Very few of us drive our RV's enough to wear out the treads on the tires. If the date codes show that the tires are approaching 6 or 7 years old, plan on replacing them very soon.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwoolums View Post
Make sure you check the DOT date codes that are stamped on the sidewalls of the tires. Very few of us drive our RV's enough to wear out the treads on the tires. If the date codes show that the tires are approaching 6 or 7 years old, plan on replacing them very soon.
The date code on the tires were 06, so based on everything I have read here and elsewhere, I will need to replace next year. I did ask the technician who was doing the walktrhough about the tires and he indicated that I had many miles left on them and not to worry too much about tires for the next couple of years...he indicated that (1) there was still plenty of tread left, (2) there was no visible damage/cracking/sun rot or anything of that nature on the sidewalls and that (3) the nubs along the side were still there...he figured it must have been stored inside. Thoughts from the panel?

Oh, we had a great first trip out...we "camped" two nights at Rustic Creek Ranch in Burleson, TX and really enjoyed ourselves...we are already planning another short trip; that's the great thing about living in South Central Texas, you are two or three hours away from the beach, forrest, mountains, really anything you want and the Texas Parks System is great!
Old 02-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #18

You have to remember the technician works for the dealer you bought your RV from. I have personally had the sidewalls blow out on tires that did not show signs of checking or dry rot cracks. If you would like to split the cost up when replacing the tires I would at least get the steering tires replaced next year.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #19

I would agree with many of the other respondants ... Pick the one that fits your needs. If you feel that the floor plan or the storage does not work for you, than I would not touch it. If the unit is not stucturally sound (roof, floor, wall), I would not touch it. If you are not comfortable with the way that it handles on the road, I would not touch it.

Almost all other things either come down to personal choice or can be changed or upgraded.

We have owned 1 TT and 3 different class A MHs. With each one, we looked for at hundreds of units over several years before making the change.

Our experience has been that when you find the right one for "you" .. you will know. Keep it and use it because each time you change, you will take a financial hit.

Always, Always, Always get a mechanical check before you purchase any previously owned unit. The few hundred dollars you spend on inpections could save you many thousands down the road.

Tags
hurricane