Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
Ford Super Duty Owner
Opinions on Georgieboy Pursuit

1st A. I'm looking at a 2001, 30 foot, Georgieboy Pursuit, Model 2905, any info will be greatly appreciated

AL Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Freightliner Owners Club
GeorgieBoy builds a good coach. I had a 1990 CruiseMaster for 10 years before I traded on the Landau. Both are by GeorgieBoy and I've enjoyed both. [Georgie Boy was bought by Coachmen]
With an older Mh, the way it's been taken care of is important. Good maintenance records, for both the chassis and the "house". Condition of the rubber roof, no leaks or soft floor, also delamination can be a concern. Age and condition of the tires...
But again, one that has been taken care of can have many useful and enjoyable years left.... Specs for the 2000 Pursuit are here, should be the same.
Georgie Boy: 2000 Pursuit

Owners Manual: http://www.coachmenrv.com/OwnersManuals/13919357.pdf

Hooligan, Pensacola, Fl -U.S. Coast Guard 1956-1985
2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST diesel
Our Pug "Lily" & "George" the Newfoundland
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:45 AM   #3
Look close at the roof and caulking around the vents and air conditioner. Could be due for replacement or recaulking. The only problem I had with my 1999 Pursuit was that if you do not go at an angle while turning or pulling out onto a road with dips the windshield could flex and break the seal causing a leak in the windshield frame. That happened to the previous owner and I had to pay to have the windshield taken out and resealed.
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
I had a 2000 with a v-10. It rode very ruff. I even put koni shocks still n/g every bump hit felt like it was going fall apart. windsheild came loose from the rough ride. I reinforced every thing in front body. still n/g. the roof leaked also. It felt unsafe to drive. the front end has too much spring in it and the v10 engine was too light. the only mechanical problem I had was the engine coils which are known to go bad. I would not recomend buying one.
denter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
We just traded in our 2000 Pursuit and I will say we were very satisfied with it. The 454 engine provided sufficient power and all the appliances worked as they should. Only complaint is the cheesy fiberglass on the body. The front end is very fragile and I would hate to be in a front-end collision with it. Of course, that is true with most Class A's. In short, the Pursuit is a good motorhome and with good care, it should give you good service.
Farmjudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
By the way; look for delamination. Ours was pretty bad on the driver's side.
Farmjudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
Had a 97 32ft pursuit for 15 years..............loved it............workhorse chassis
leadfoot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
Tiffin Owners Club
Originally Posted by AL Dot View Post
1st A. I'm looking at a 2001, 30 foot, Georgieboy Pursuit, Model 2905, any info will be greatly appreciated
We have a 2001 34' with 1 slide that we have had for 11 years that we bought new. We can say we have not had to many things go wrong. We did have a problem with the slide 1 time and my husband rewired the switch from where it was in the motorhome and that took care of that. Everything works fine in the coach after all these years. We are from Arizona and are now in the Motorhome in Upstate New York where we have had lots of rain and have not had any Leaks even with the slide out. The only other thing that we had a problem with last year on the road from Illinois was the Parking Break went out. When we got home we got the parts online and had our local guy that works on our stuff fix it. It is a good Coach and glad we bought it. It is not fancy but if you buy you will enjoy it.

Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote