Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2015, 11:31 PM   #15

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We eat out most of the time or just throw something in the Advantium. So far we haven't really felt the need for the dishwasher in a drawer. A lot of people seem to use them for storing stuff anyway, kind of like the gas ovens get used.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2015, 12:11 AM   #16
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Ours came with one and we initially thought it wouldn't get used much. Well.....after our first trip, we loved it. Just like "lanerd", we use paper plates for dinner, but use bowls and other utensils throughout the day. It takes us about three days to fill it. In the evening, we turn it on and it takes 105 minutes. It's a Fisher Paykel and is whisper quiet.

Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:26 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
opinions on the need for a Dishwasher on Class A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
Do you have a dish washer in your house? Do you use it? If so why would you not want one in your MH?

We use a lot of disposable plates and bowls in the motorhome, we do not at home. No need for a dishwasher in our motorhome, a lot different than in the sticks home. When I do use real dishes I wash them in the sink in the RV , can't see the need for a dishwasher.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:13 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our new Discovery did not come with one. Before we left the sales lot it had one...
Old 10-28-2015, 01:33 PM   #19

Dish Washer

We love ours. With the two of us, we don't run it every day. Not a problem leaving dishes in it while travelling or running it while travelling. Uses minimal water and works like a top. Eating off of real dishes is so much better than using paper or plastic.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:01 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
All you "need" is a tent and outhouse. BUT, I am glad to have the dishwasher in our Dutch Star. At first I thought it was a frill that was a waste of space. (bought a used RV) We quickly learned that having a place to stash dirty dished out of sight and using real corral ware instead of paper plates is great. Now, we wouldn't have one without a dishwasher. jmo -mark
Old 10-28-2015, 02:02 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Though we use our dishwasher in the S & Bs everyday (when we're home) we've just not felt the need to use the one in the MoHo. We've tried it once, maybe twice; just to see if it works (it does). So for us it's just a waste of space.

But, as others have said, it is a great place to store the dishes!
Old 10-28-2015, 03:43 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJones View Post
All you "need" is a tent and outhouse. BUT, I am glad to have the dishwasher in our Dutch Star. At first I thought it was a frill that was a waste of space. (bought a used RV) We quickly learned that having a place to stash dirty dished out of sight and using real corral ware instead of paper plates is great. Now, we wouldn't have one without a dishwasher. jmo -mark
Ditto
Rich
Old 10-28-2015, 04:19 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
A dishwasher is the only appliance that I don't mind going without. We've got one at home and do use it ... but find that all too often it takes too long to accumulate enough dirty dishes to warrant running a load. Being that we tend to just be cooking for the two of us when we're traveling - we generate even fewer dirty dishes than at home. With it being "dirty dishes for two" - I don't mind doing the dishes by hand. Having dealt with "dirty dishes for four" (at least!) at home, hand washing the couple of plates and a wee bit of silverware that the two of use generate seems like a vacation to begin with. This is the one appliance I don't mind not having - and happily put the space to use for something else.
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
A dishwasher is the only appliance that I don't mind going without. We've got one at home and do use it ... but find that all too often it takes too long to accumulate enough dirty dishes to warrant running a load. Being that we tend to just be cooking for the two of us when we're traveling - we generate even fewer dirty dishes than at home. With it being "dirty dishes for two" - I don't mind doing the dishes by hand. Having dealt with "dirty dishes for four" (at least!) at home, hand washing the couple of plates and a wee bit of silverware that the two of use generate seems like a vacation to begin with. This is the one appliance I don't mind not having - and happily put the space to use for something else.
I agree.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:46 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I lived full time with my daughter for the last 8 months. Even with just the two of us and using paper plates for lunch, I dreamed everyday about having a dishwasher. We like real plates for dinner and real cups and mugs. The real pain was all the silverware. My next coach will definitely have a dishwasher!
Old 11-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #26

No dishwasher is "needed" either at a stick & brick home or in a motorhome. Now deciding what you want as a convenience is up to you.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #27

Of all the options available in a MH a dish washer is the least on my list unless there is only one sink. At home I use the dishwasher and the wife washes by hand.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:03 PM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
We don't use the one at home a lot, we try to run it at least once a week but sometimes it's once every 2 weeks. We don't have one in the MH and when we order our new coach next year we will order one with it. When I do the dishes it's easier to do them by hand since I wash them with soap before I put them in the dishwasher anyway.

Tags
class a, dish