Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Opinions on two differnt coaches

Ok, was having a conversation today about motorhomes and we started talking about 04-07 era coaches and started comparing Mountain Aires to Navigators. I claimed that I thought an 05 Navigator would be a much higher end coach than an my 05 Mountain Aire. The other guy disagreed, he is a Newmar fan also. So I thought I would get a few more opinions. I still think the 05 Navigator 45' 500 HP is much more coach than an 05 MA 400 HP, in most all catagories. Am I right or wrong? And remember I own the 05 MA....lol and I am saying it don't stack up.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't know the specific models you mention, but based on my personal inspections of both brands back in that time frame, and what I know of the corporate histories, I would choose the Newmar over a Holiday Rambler.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #3

I have owned two Grady White boats and two Boston Whaler boats in nearly the same size and I know for a fact which one I would choose. But.... until I owned both a Mountain Aire and a Monaco HR, I would hesitate to answer. I know that I have liked all three of my past Monaco products and will continue to recommend them but I have not owned a Mountain Aire to compare them with. I think you might be the exception in thinking that the Monaco is better than your MA as most people swear by the coach they presently own. I am sure MA is a very fine coach and both are probably very comparable with the engine choice being the exception. I like more HP and torque but I have the 400 in my dynasty and it does just fine as I am sure yours does in your MA. Just another opinion.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
Oh yea, I do like my coach no doubt. And I may be the exception to the rule of mine is best.,...lol I don't think either are bad, I just always set the Navigator in the Essex class which is a notch above the Mountain Aire. I really don't know to be honest and it was a good conversation. I do like my newmar though and won't be changing. heck I just got rid of a Fleetwood for this Newmar a couple months ago. This puppy aint goin no where...LOL
Old 12-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #5

Mrchips.......You are correct. Three of us travel together, and own a 06 Navigator, O4 Mtn Aire, and 06 Travel Supreme. All three are great coaches, however, there is no question the Navigator is a huge step up from the other two. Enjoy.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, the Navigator would be comparable to the Essex. The Imperial would be closer to the Mountain Aire.