Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #15

Hmm...where did ns34 go, looked high and low for him, can't find him....hmm, guess he took his bat and left.

Jim

Chaffeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
our new neighbors across the street have a 07 phateon. it went back for full coverage of the upper rails and they found the drivers slide floor rotted due to a NON application of sealant when it was built....tiffin covered it all this past month.

they are just like everyone else. some bad apples get in the mix and we just happen to get em as customer service people sometimes

i would try some more sugar

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Moderator....Why don't you close this post. It looks like a troll did a hit and run.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #18

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns34 View Post
What can we do to get Tiffin to repair all that is wrong with our 2007 unit and not cause more damage in the process? We were in Red Bay in Nov. 2011 to get repairs done and after 2 weeks and nothing getting done we found out that they lost our paper work and we also found out that they are having issues with the wet bays rotting( thanks to other tiffin owners. Tiffin was keeping that info under their hats) they fixed our wet bay and then put a hole in our holding tank, we found this out way after we left. The stiching on the couch has come undone and they would fix it for $600.00 they charged us for window replacement on the two windows that a driver needs to see side mirrors. We are very frustrated and very disappointed with Mr. Bob Tiffin and HIS products.
Welcome to IRV2 ns34,

Wet Bay floors, windows and slide floors are only some of the items that Tiffin Motors stands behind way more than 100%. The attention to customer satisfaction is handled second to none when it comes to Mr. Bob Tiffin.

Mr. Tiffin will certainly listen to your concerns if you so choose to reach out to him. He will NOT answer your email but he WILL return your phone call provided you treat him with respect and courtesy.

There may be more to the story on your coach but on the surface that may be a tough sell. Windows, roof rails, wet bay floors and slide room floors will get front row attention.

Driving to Red Bay is not always a must. Mr. Tiffin is a very level headed smart businessman and would not require you to drive 1,000's of miles for something that can be done at a reputable service center. NOTE that I did not say a Tiffin dealer. I said a reputable service center. Trust me, that is so.

I'm sure there are countless IRV2 members who can tell you success stories dealing with Bob and Tiffin Motors. You can also hear more stories and suggestions on www.trvn.com

I might suggest another try with a different approach. If we can still help, please do come back to IRV2 and post often.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #19

WOW! I just looked at the OP profile. He posted that complaint on 5-29-2012 at 8:40pm . . . and the last time he was on was 8:49pm the same day - nine minutes total! Didn't even come back to look at any replies, so his only purpose was to dump.

Just a troll.

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, there is no TRVN.com. What you really mean is www.tiffinrvnetwork.com TRVN is just the initials that stand for Tiffin RV Network.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #21

Have heard Mr.Tiffin is very easy to work with. Looking at a 2011 Bus. Any issues? thank you.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #22

After reading this thread I have to agree with the concensus that 6 years and expecting work to be covered is totally silly,..... but more so is trying to understand how any 2011 coach could have over "100" issues. ??
Old 07-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #23

I am not the only who has sat at Lazy Days with 40, 50 and more issues on a Phaeton or bus. If you would like I will mail you 24 pages of completed work orders, you pay postage. I was with 2 other 11 Tiffin owners trading our units for some other brand because we were wore out with the issues. I now have owned my 12 Revolution for 4 months and 4,600 miles and no issues. I call a pig a pig. If you think I would waste hard earned money after being retired on trading a 11 month old unit, you are from a different world. And Yes Tiffin will fix all issues even if it takes 10 years.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #24

DOES being a new member here, and making a thread complaining about poor product and service automatically qualify the poster as a "troll", and unworthy of consideration or reasonable courtesy?

OR, is it only over-sensitive Tiffin owners who feel that way?

I always find it worthwhile to read of the experiences of RV owners, either with specific brand issues - or with specific dealer repair facilities - and don't automatically feel threatened or otherwise abused if my own favorite brand or facility happens to be under the spotlight...

Boards like this are ABOUT keeping members up to date and aware of potential brand or repair facility issues - would we rather that those types of posts be banned, like political ones are?

PERSONALLY, I prefer to get a "heads-up", and be informed, than have my head buried in the sand for fear some might choose to be offended by "bad news"...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #25

I do not know the poster but at the same time what would you think of some one that walked into a room yelled that and then walked out?
We do not know the full story one way or another.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
I do not know the poster but at the same time what would you think of some one that walked into a room yelled that and then walked out?
We do not know the full story one way or another.
OR, if someone ran into your home or apartment and yelled "FIRE", then left, would you demand more info, and wait for it's arrival - or exit the place as a common sense choice?

Just because we don't LIKE the news, doesn't automatically disqualify it as false or unworthy of note...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #27

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
DOES being a new member here, and making a thread complaining about poor product and service automatically qualify the poster as a "troll", and unworthy of consideration or reasonable courtesy? ...
No,

I think the fact that the new member joined, posted, signed off the forum and has not come back after 9 total min, on the day they posted their complaints, would indicate the post was a drive by

Will we ever now for sure what is going on? No. It does look like an owner, who is not happy, came here to vent and try and tarnish the Tiffin name.

62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well if his complaints were valid, what difference does it make? He certainly has as much right to "air out" his complaints here as anyone else. I don't see the point in forming a lynch mob and jumping on the TROLL! bandwagon. Good grief.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin