Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW
Well if his complaints were valid, what difference does it make? He certainly has as much right to "air out" his complaints here as anyone else. I don't see the point in forming a lynch mob and jumping on the TROLL! bandwagon. Good grief.

How long should rubber seals last? My father has told me that his have to be replaced when he gets here and his (Allegro) is a 2008, if I remember correctly. Stitching in a 5 year old couch? I have cheaper seating but have replaced foam already.
I am not challenging his right to voice his opinion. I am asking if things are suppose to last forever, lack of care, overly hard use.... I know I could not get GM to replace my tires, for free, after 40k miles when they wore out in 2 years.
One other thing I wonder about is that there has only post as of today from 03/23/12, not any acknowledgements for any of the questions asked of him to assist him.
His right to express is not being questioned (by me), his motives behind the outburst is.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #30

We have a 2008 phaeton which we bought new in Aug 08. We have had several issues with our coach, actually more in the first 6 mo than our first motor home (18 yr old when we got it) , a TT , and a 5er combined. Keep in mind that our Travco, Nomad, and Cardinal put together didn't have close to the amenity's our coach has; Washer,dryer,central vac,sat, etc,etc. That said the biggest problems were component issues; notsocold, freightliner, and cummins problems. Mr Bob Tiffin was very helpful in taking care of these issues. We had the wet bay floor replaced in 2011 and the roof rails done this past April. TMH has also replaced a slide seal 3 times under warranty. I personally know several owners of SOB (some other brand) coaches and trailers that get absolutely no consideration if it is 1 day out of warranty. Does Tiffin build a perfect coach? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Our coach with all the fuel costs from making 4 trips to Red Bay and upgrades still didn't cost near as much as a comparable Fleetwood or newmar. Also Mr Bob Tiffin will talk to any customer as long as he is treated with respect. Can the average person speak to Mr Fleetwood or Mr Newmar, Mr Entegra, Mr coachman, Mr Winnebago?

macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
One other thing I wonder about is that there has only post as of today from 03/23/12, not any acknowledgements for any of the questions asked of him to assist him.
His right to express is not being questioned (by me), his motives behind the outburst is.
His "motive for the outburst" was likely sheer frustration, as any RV owner has probably experienced many times. As I understand his post he was sitting in Red Bay for two weeks waiting on repairs? Yeah, I'd be frustrated. No where in his post does he indicate that he expected anything for free.

He probably didn't come back because of the "troll" comments...I know I certainly WOULDN'T.

I thought people on this site were kinder than this.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
I didn't read all this, nor will I, but I read enough...

You can expect Tiffen (or any other dealer or manufacturer) to repair your 6 year old motorhome WHEN, and ONLY when, you are willing to pay them ~$120 per hour to get it done.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #33

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
His "motive for the outburst" was likely sheer frustration, as any RV owner has probably experienced many times. As I understand his post he was sitting in Red Bay for two weeks waiting on repairs? Yeah, I'd be frustrated. No where in his post does he indicate that he expected anything for free.

He probably didn't come back because of the "troll" comments...I know I certainly WOULDN'T.

I thought people on this site were kinder than this.
We only have the OP's side of the story and his post does indicate that they are very upset. The OP provided limited information and has to date offered no more information. The information is from his point of view and I have found out that, two sides of the story are always needed to arrive at the truth. Sometimes our frustration is justified and some times it isn't. In this case we will probably never know so we are all throwing out opinions.

Hopefully the OP has calmed down by now and has worked out his issues with Tiffin
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62_inrightlane View Post
Sometimes our frustration is justified and some times it isn't. In this case we will probably never know so we are all throwing out opinions.
You are absolutely right. But there was no excuse for name-calling, IMO. That is not in the spirit of this forum.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
I didn't read all this, nor will I, but I read enough...

You can expect Tiffen (or any other dealer or manufacturer) to repair your 6 year old motorhome WHEN, and ONLY when, you are willing to pay them ~$120 per hour to get it done.
You are correct. However the OP indicated that he was paying for a repair. He does not mention "warranty" anywhere in that post.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #36

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
You are absolutely right. But there was no excuse for name-calling, IMO. That is not in the spirit of this forum.
The literal meaning of Troll would be considered negitive. If you use the urban meaning of a Troll you get this:

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Maybe this is the meaning the person, who used the term, intended?
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD

OR, if someone ran into your home or apartment and yelled "FIRE", then left, would you demand more info, and wait for it's arrival - or exit the place as a common sense choice?

Just because we don't LIKE the news, doesn't automatically disqualify it as false or unworthy of note...
Actually I would.... where is the fire? Who yelled fire? If a child ran in and said it it could be a match or candle it could be outside so you may run out into it. Is it under control? Has the fire company been called if necessary?
I am sorry I am the wrong person to ask that. I have been in 2 houses that have had fires and both times keeping a cool head and examining the facts saved the house from greater damage, even though one time I ripped a wall apart with a hammer. (Over 10 years fire and ems). I like to work with facts not emotion, however I have also split a knuckle on a cinder block wall.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Whatever the definition, name calling is not necessary. I'm done.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Now to the next topic.

offshore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin