Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have been working on cutting down the cabinet. Shortened the cabinet 5 inches and narrowed it 3 inches. I think being higher and closer to the cabinets it should cause less head knocking. Here are a couple PIC's that Kate took while we were working on the cabinet. Jay it is warm as I have it in heated storage this year. Doing all the remodel on the cabinet in my shop. Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cutting cabinet down.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	32232  
Attached Images

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Got some more PIC's to post wish me luck. The one is the old TV when I took it out, wow what a heavy clunk. The new one only weights about 4 or 5 pounds if that. Here are the PIC.s I hope. Jim
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #17

Much more work than mine. I just removed the tv made a backing and mounted it.

After
Old 01-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #18

Hi Jim it sure is going to look great when it is done. I have a question for all you guys. I have a Holiday Rambler with the old style television also but it is built into the dash itself. It is a 97 38' Endeavor LE. I want to replace with a flat screen myself,but I was curious if anybody else has had to replace theirs yet. The tv works fine but it just seems like a ton of weight on the dash. Thanks and good luck to all.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Plan on putting all back in the MH today.It has taken a while but weekends are busy now as Granddaughters are playing basketball and Grandpa has to watch. I am posting a PIC of my BB players and one of the test install of the TV into the cabinet once we got it re-sized. Oh and yes the girls are twins and make Grandpa proud. Jim
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Got the install done.We do need to do some minor trim work but the hard part is done. With a little grunting and groaning,twisting and voicing various remarks about engineering we got it done. Here are some more PIC's, having trouble with how my PIC's post and don't know why.so look at what you cansee. Jim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	front install.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	32273   Click image for larger version

Name:	screwing it up.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	32274  

Name:	front tv wide view.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	32275   Click image for larger version

Name:	new installed tv.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	32276  

Old 01-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #21

try a heat gun or hair dryer on the roof, it might help lower those old impressions.

Custom Built 28.5' Car Hauler
Magoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #22
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Looks good Jim.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
Got some more PIC's to post wish me luck. The one is the old TV when I took it out, wow what a heavy clunk. The new one only weights about 4 or 5 pounds if that.
The 29" Vizio you have actually weighs in at 13.32 Lbs without the stand.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #24

Replacing TV with flat screen

We have just recently purchased our first RV and it is used. Unfortunatly it is a little chilly here in Canada -20C/-4F so we will wait till spring to replace TV. Just wondering if there are any problems putting in a flat sceen with the vibration of the RV as will as running it on the generator or inverter.

Mike & Betty
Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity00 View Post
We have just recently purchased our first RV and it is used. Unfortunatly it is a little chilly here in Canada -20C/-4F so we will wait till spring to replace TV. Just wondering if there are any problems putting in a flat sceen with the vibration of the RV as will as running it on the generator or inverter.

Mike & Betty
I replaced the rear TV with a flat screen last summer and have had no problems. I have not run it with the genny or the inverter but imagine it would work fine.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #26

Rexhall Owners Group
We installed a Samsung 26" flat screen up front. Mounted the TV to a piece plywood on sliders so that we can lower the tv to watch and raise to travel. The DVD and sound system sit in the area left vacant by the origonal tv right behind the flat screen tv.

Martin
Old 01-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
MaGoogle thanks for the tip, I was wondering how to make that crease go away. I'll try that and see if It works. I think I'm going to finish this job in spring when I have it in the yard that way I don't have to make so many trips back and forth. Jim
Old 01-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Triker56 I didn't think it weighed that much, I guess after getting the old one out I was pumped up and it didn't seem to heavy. Jim