Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Here is our tv relocation/replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Redesign 009.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	32347   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1025.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	32348  

Name:	DSCN1034.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	32349   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1030.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	32350  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #30

I did this last month and replaced the old 25" tube TV for a 32" flat-screen; came out really nice. Followed the advice from this site: Living Our Dream: Motor Home Project: Replace Front TV

Old 01-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #31

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity00 View Post
We have just recently purchased our first RV and it is used. Unfortunatly it is a little chilly here in Canada -20C/-4F so we will wait till spring to replace TV. Just wondering if there are any problems putting in a flat sceen with the vibration of the RV as will as running it on the generator or inverter.

Mike & Betty
We switched to Vizio flat screens a couple of years ago, and so far all has been good. I don't think there will be any problems.
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Did this mod last year. Took out the 26", installed a 32" LCD. Used the original frame(cut to fit widerTV) a couple aluminum straps (1"X2 1/2") self tapping screws to TV and wood frame, reinstall into cabinet. DONE!!!! (TV was retained in cabinet by frame originally, so why not reuse it?)
Old 01-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #33

Ford Super Duty Owner
We had 2 Vizio's in the bricks and mortar and put one in the bedroom in the MH. Now we are thinking we are going to do some work on the cabinet ours is in in the front and replace it with another Vizio. Can't beat Vizio!! We have a 50" in our bricks/mortar bedroom. Our MH is a Rexhall Rexair and the cabinet is not overhead -- its built like a piece of furniture with a 2-door glass cabinet above where the TV is so we'll have to do some reworking on the spot for the TV.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Front TV removal and installation

I have a pdf of the procedures with photos on 2 different coaches. If interested send me an email and I will send to you lwasouth@tampabay.rr.com
Old 04-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Finally got the MH home and finished up my trim around the TV. Got it up and working but need to study manual a little better to get the TV to work the way I want it to, if possible. Going to try to post a few PIC's. Jim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	trim done (800x600).jpg
Views:	175
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	36933   Click image for larger version

Name:	working tv.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	36934  

Name:	complete.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	36935  
Old 04-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #36

Can actually use the passenger seat to watch TV

We can actually use the passenger seat, that has foot rest and recline, to watch TV now that the TV is 3 inches back and 5 inches shorter. Amazing how much more window view there is also. Love it. And we only argued minimally..
KRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #37
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Great job Jimmy! We had the same problem but went a little different route. I wish I could have done the cabinet work, it cost me $550!

The head-banger is finally GONE!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #38

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoafan View Post
I am also tackling this tomorrow bur I'm putting in a 26"

I did this last year.

But most of the time when we are at home, that 26" Vizio with front speakers is my laptop monitor.

It is very easy to move between the MH and desktop.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #39

Ford Super Duty Owner
I just finished my project this weekend...

Removed the old 19in and replaced it with a 26in LCD. I used a full motion wall bracket, installed on the passenger side of the opening, this allows us to pull the TV out and to the left if we don't put out the slide.
I got that idea from a TV install video that I found online.

I will have to "finish" the space behind the TV, planning to make some shelves to house the DVD and Sat reciever at some point.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Really looks good--you did a great job.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #41

Just returned from a Spring Break trip to Disney. Only went into the parks a few times so there was a lot of time around the Fort. I had replaced a rear TV with a flat screen last year, but have stayed with the front CRT because it still works ok. I have an A/B switch to allow cable or satellite dish to be connected. I have a 3-port Wingard switch to select sources for front and rear TV's, and I have a couple of T's to allow direct input for the rear TV and the old converter for the front. Oh and a separate DVD player. In short, I have a mess of wires in a small compartment, most of which are not labeled. After trying a number of combinations, I could not get the new Disney cable into the front TV. That TV has got to go!!! I have a July trip planned and will not travel with the old CRT again!! I think this week is a good time to remove the old and see how much headbanger cabinet I can get rid of. I can fit the Vizio 29" set in there, but I have to relocate a small overhead light and my rear camera monitor. With minimal carpentry skills and little patience, this will be a challenge. Stay with me....
Old 04-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #42

Reference to above rear TV replacement...

I mounted a plywood board, stained to match the other bedroom cabinetry on the bedroom wall, using several countersunk screws. I installed a fixed mount with a slight downward tilt to secure the TV to the plywood above the window opposite the bed. I used adhesive-backed cable conduit to run the coax and power lines into the SMALL cabinet where the old TV resided. Someday i may put caps over those countersunk screws, and I may also stain or paint the cable runs.