Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2017, 07:32 AM   #1

Outdoor Entertainment: how often do you actually use?

Hello all, I am looking at a Winnebago Vista LX 30T and noticed none of them come with outdoor televisions.
Initially this was a huge deal for me, it's just natural to have an outdoor man cave on your RV, no?
I really like this motorhome layout and the quality of Winnie products. So my question for those of you who have outdoor televisions, how often do you actually use it?
Cattywampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2017, 07:41 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Our last RV had an outdoor TV. In 3 years, we certainly used it more than a dozen times, but it depends on what you are doing. Camping at NASCAR? TV on. Music festival where lots of kids pass by? TV on and a Playstation connected so kids can stop by and have a little fun. Camping out in nature? No way, TV stays stored. So, it really depends on your use.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:50 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Never used it. In fact, because it was down low in what is the front storage bay, I removed it entirely in favor of more storage. The only place where I could see it being of value would be at an event where everyone (neighbors) is interested in the same programming. Other than that, it would just be a noise (and, at night, a light) annoyance... not to mention a draw for flying insects.
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:56 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
We've used it on about 4 occasions in 2 years... mostly football...
Old 02-13-2017, 08:09 AM   #5

Never. Ever.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Twice in 8 years. Considered removing it many times...
Cinequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:24 AM   #7

It might be fine while tailgating or at places where noise isn't an issue. But in a campground or state park, NOPE. Personally, i dislike that rv manufacturers even offer these things. I've seen several times where people had them playing too loud without regard to their neighbors.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:27 AM   #8

Maybe twice in 4 years.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:37 AM   #9

Sounds like I've got my answer. I don't think we will be doing much tailgating and i'm a considerate person so I wouldn't want the light and noise from a TV blaring at a family campground.
Thanks for all the replies.
Cattywampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:38 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is a convenience aimed at certain people. I asked my wife if we should get it in our Motorhome. She reminded me that I often remark about others blasting their TV's thru the campsite...ruining the serenity. But that's focused on camping in a natural setting surrounded by trees and nature.

If on the other hand you camp at a big rig campground with residential landscaping, big concrete pads...then maybe the social aspect of having your neighbors over to enjoy a game on the patio, and nice weather would be very inviting.

I think having the flexibility would be warranted if you do like to socialize with neighbors in a private resort. It may not be welcomed...esp, if tent campers are nearby...in a serene natural environment type of park.

When we camp at Fort Wilderness...we have had many neighbors that sit outside at all hours watching TV. I think the cigar smoker's wives kick them out of them out of the coach...so they have no where else to go ��
Old 02-13-2017, 09:15 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
We tailgated for years, those rigs didn't have an outdoor tv, but I often bought one outside and placed it on a table.

This rig is wired, and has a place for a tv, but we let our season tickets go. So there have been very few times, I've thought about adding one.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:05 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I use it more to align the satelite than to entertain. Cant use it during bright sunny days, except to listen to music turned down.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #13

We didn't even use our indoor one.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Never had one and don't see a need for it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door