RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2018, 06:18 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Webber Q for me too. I've had it for 7 years and only had to replace the supply hose. Cooks exactly like my home webber.

I've had the webber grill at home that is 20+ years old and never a problem. I modified the handle last year to accept their light and ruined the handle. Called webber and they still had it in stock. Great customer service that you will most likely never need.

2006 Georgie Boy Pursuit 31'
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2018, 07:05 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
x2 on the Weber grill, however, I bought the electric version - Q 1400.

Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:19 AM   #17

Weber middle size has been our travelling grill. A bit heavy but it has just that extra room to grill.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
Those of you that have it do you use the small LP (green) canisters or do you carry a small BBQ Propane tank. Carrying it in a milk crate or small box. Or do rig a line from your coach's LP tank?
I converted my Weber Q to run off house propane. I bought a long propane hose with quick disconnect coupler on one end and connected the other end to coach's propane pipe (regulated pressure) which runs along the frame rail in the basement. I removed the regulator on the Weber and attached the male end of the quick disconnect.
When I'm ready to grill, I put the Weber out and roll out the propane hose. Plug together the quick connects and its ready to cook.

If you go this route be sure to get a long enough hose to reach where you will set the Weber (i usually just put the Grill on the end of the picnic table at the campsite).

I use this hose https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and these connectors https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also took the regulator I removed from the Weber and added a quick connect fitting to it, so if I ever need to use a disposable propane can or bottle I can plug the Weber regulator back into the grill and feed off the bottle.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:54 AM   #19

We have the Weber, a Blackstone, and a propane fire pit so I carry two extra tanks in truck bed. The Weber adapter hose is about 6' long and works with the griddle as well. I have the Weber specific stand but quit taking it and got a small collapsible table at CW that works with either one.
cfowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #20

We've been using a Coleman Roadtrip grill for about 5 years and find it works just fine. I bought it at Walmart for about $110. I ordered a hose and refillable 1# propane tank from Amazon, but use it 90% of the time with the little green disposable tanks. The little tanks last a surprising amount of time when cooking for 2. An advantage of the Roadtrip is the folding stand it is attached to, since most places we go do not want the grill on the table. A disadvantage of the attached stand is it makes the unit heavier.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:19 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
i love my Q had a road trip but too hard to clean

Cathy and Gordie Connelly FMCA # F461058
2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29 R
Gordiegaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:58 AM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
We have used our Coleman RoadTrip LX since 2005.

We use the little bottles or an extension from the onboard propane tank.

We do prefer Weber charcoal cooking normally, but the Roadtrip provides the various grilling, frying, and pan grills in a two burner setup. So it can be a camp stove as well as a grill and used where charcoal is not allowed.

The two burners also allow us to do indirect cooking although not as well as our Weber Smokey Joe Big charcoal grill does.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
I too am almost ready to give up on my smoky Joe and switch from charcoal to gas. I will be looking at the weber series soon.
Those of you that have it do you use the small LP (green) canisters or do you carry a small BBQ Propane tank. Carrying it in a milk crate or small box. Or do rig a line from your coach's LP tank?
I use propane from the coach's onboard tank but do carry along a couple of green LP bottles if it's just a quick one meal affair.

I installed a 4 way T upstream of the regulator on the RV and connect the grill and fire pit with 12' hoses. No need to do anything to the grill except hook the hose up where the green canister connects. The grills regulator stays in place so you can still use bottles or connect to a regular portable propane bottle as needed.

This is what I put upstream of the regulator on the coach.

Stanbroil Adaptor T

The kit with a 12' hose.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-59103-P.../dp/B0014JKDB2

AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #24
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Weber Q grill was our first choice and I haven't regretted it.

I wish the side trays were a little sturdier and didn't flop down as much when you put any weight on it.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:53 AM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
OK, Weber seems to win hands down. Thanks to all for you input. Just need to buy a case of the propane bottles as our Tiffin Allegro Bus is electric only, so no propane on board.

Thanks again, Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
I converted my Weber Q to run off house propane.

+1

Makes everything simple.

Steve
Old 09-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Love my Weber
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #28
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkorn View Post
OK, Weber seems to win hands down. Thanks to all for you input. Just need to buy a case of the propane bottles as our Tiffin Allegro Bus is electric only, so no propane on board.

Thanks again, Jeff
Why not just buy a 20# propane tank instead of all the small bottles. We use ours all the time and it lasts at least a year without filling.

Tags
door, gas, outdoor