Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #1

Outlaw got damaged at Camping World while in for service

My experience with Camping World continues...(search some of my threads for the prior experience with Golden... I just got a call from the Service Department of their Fountain Colorado location that my new 37LS Outlaw was run into by a customer....Not major damage, but enough to be a real pain getting repaired. This location does not do body/paint repairs. I spoke with the Insurance Company that is handling the claim, and they said "I need to find a place that can provide an estimate and do this type of repair"...It is State Farm Ins.

Here is my issue, I don't know of any repair facility that has a paint booth that can accommodate an RV as tall as an Outlaw (12' 11" tall). The RV has full body Seikens Paint (specialty paint).

Can anyone recommend an RV repair center for paint work in the Denver/Colorado Springs area?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The VERY reason I have GOOD SAM Roadside service. They would have assisted you in the research. I can't promise you, but maybe a quick call to them for some possible help?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpspuck View Post
My experience with Camping World continues...(search some of my threads for the prior experience with Golden... I just got a call from the Service Department of their Fountain Colorado location that my new 37LS Outlaw was run into by a customer....Not major damage, but enough to be a real pain getting repaired. This location does not do body/paint repairs. I spoke with the Insurance Company that is handling the claim, and they said "I need to find a place that can provide an estimate and do this type of repair"...It is State Farm Ins.

Here is my issue, I don't know of any repair facility that has a paint booth that can accommodate an RV as tall as an Outlaw (12' 11" tall). The RV has full body Seikens Paint (specialty paint).

Can anyone recommend an RV repair center for paint work in the Denver/Colorado Springs area?
Rv America there was super nice to us. They have full facility and do body work
Old 11-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Is this Camping World ins. co. or the offending driver's ins. co. that will be paying? It certainly should NOT be your insurance company!! That aside, the other ins. co. should be paying towing to any repair facility you choose. It is their requirement to make you whole again. Don't accept anything less. Maybe it needs to go back to the factory. I would at least contact factory service and maybe they can recommend an appropriate repair facility closer than the factory. Perhaps they also owe you $$ for loss of use during the repair time... it is certainly a negotiating point.
TurtleKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #5

Diversified Truck and RV repair in Denver has a 50 foot paint booth and has an excellent reputation. They do a lot of high end Prevost repaints, we had them quote some work on a previous coach of ours and they were reasonable to. diversifiedbodyandpaint.com

Old 11-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
Diversified Truck and RV repair in Denver has a 50 foot paint booth and has an excellent reputation. They do a lot of high end Prevost repaints, we had them quote some work on a previous coach of ours and they were reasonable to. diversifiedbodyandpaint.com

Thank you. I will contact them. This is going to be a pain in the butt, but better this time of the year than when we are planning a trip. The person that hit our coach has State Farm, and they will be paying the bill. Camping World has washed their hands of any responsibility - I can safely say that this will be our last time at any Camping World for any reason. Our coach is at the Fountain location was because Randy Rahe from their parent company Freedom Roads LLC sent us there because the issue we had in Golden with someone living in our coach. We made an appointment during August to have a few warranty items taken care of. The appointment was for October 8th, but they were backlogged so it got pushed to October 23rd....The repairs have just started , and now this.....
Old 11-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #7

On another note. Now your RV will show it was in an accident and the value will be affected when you go to sell or trade it. You might want to talk to a lawyer about that.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would call the factory and see who they use for their warranty paint service in your area and if they are good enough for the factory then they should do a good job ! Because you are right about the paint on these things and want it done right
Old 11-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpspuck View Post
Thank you. I will contact them. This is going to be a pain in the butt, but better this time of the year than when we are planning a trip. The person that hit our coach has State Farm, and they will be paying the bill. Camping World has washed their hands of any responsibility - I can safely say that this will be our last time at any Camping World for any reason. Our coach is at the Fountain location was because Randy Rahe from their parent company Freedom Roads LLC sent us there because the issue we had in Golden with someone living in our coach. We made an appointment during August to have a few warranty items taken care of. The appointment was for October 8th, but they were backlogged so it got pushed to October 23rd....The repairs have just started , and now this.....
Good luck, having a new coach in for initial repairs seems to be just part of the deal with these things but damage while on the service lot is not something you would expect. Why are other owners driving their rigs around where yours is parked awaiting service? Camping world may need to answer that question. I agree with the other posters who mentioned calling the factory, that's a beautiful paint job on that unit and if it were mine, I would not want to always be staring at a sub standard repair. If you have the time, please keep us posted, it will be interesting to see how State Farm handles your claim. We insure our coach with them and have wondered if that was the right way to do it.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Someone was living in your Outlaw????
Old 11-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You have had some excellent advice from earlier posters. I might add some more.

1. The poster is right now that your coach has been in an accident it is worse less no matter how well they fix it. You have the right to demand a monetary remedy for that. Talk to someone that sells outlaws and get them to give you an estimate of your coach based on non wrecked and wrecked values. Demand the difference in the value in cash. Be prepared to negotiate this amount.

2. Check the laws in Colorado. In Arkansas if your vehicle is damaged by someone else you have the right to demand OEM parts. I would probably include a special paint job from the factory as OEM parts. Explain to State Farm you want it sent back to the factory at their expense to repair the paint. This is of course depending on how bad the damage is.

3. I have had State Farm in the past. I hope your luck getting your claim taken care of was better than mine in getting a claim for a robbery taken care of. Or vandalism to my motorcycle. Or when someone with State Farm insurance hit my SUV and totaled it. Or of course the thousands of people in New Orleans with state farm who got paid 10 cents on the dollar after the court case for the damage to their homes from Katrina. After looking at all of this maybe I should just say Good Luck. Get your insurance company involved let them deal with state farm for you

4. How extensive is the damage if the person that hit you has minimum limits on their policy and you are talking a custom paint job repair. State Farm only has to pay the limits of their policy and you will have to collect the rest from your insurance company. Once again get your insurance company involved.

5. I am curious why you are blaming camping world and why you expect them to pay for it. Were they negligent. If they have a policy of not allowing customers to drive their rigs around to the service area(which is what the ones that I have been to do) and they let a customer drive their own personal rig to the service area and the customer hit your rig in the service area I think they would be negligent. However, if they have a mechanic drive your rig to the parking lot and park it for you to pick up. before you drive off a customer hits your rig I am not sure why you would expect camping world to be liable for it.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have never heard of an insurance company paying out for the reduction in value of a vehicle due to an accident. Never happens with cars even with the advent of car fax. I check every vehicle we take in trade on car fax. When one shows damage, I certainly look a bit closer at the vehicle but if repaired well there is very little reduction in value if any at all. I saw a statistic a while back. Something like 60% of all vehicles at least four years old have been involved in some sort of accident. I don't see how the accident can be blamed on camping world unless they instructed the customer to drive their own vehicle through a restricted area against company policy. You can contact seikens and they can refer you to a body shop that is authorized to apply their product. Great paint by the way. Good luck.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
I have never heard of an insurance company paying out for the reduction in value of a vehicle due to an accident. Never happens with cars even with the advent of car fax. I check every vehicle we take in trade on car fax. When one shows damage, I certainly look a bit closer at the vehicle but if repaired well there is very little reduction in value if any at all. I saw a statistic a while back. Something like 60% of all vehicles at least four years old have been involved in some sort of accident. I don't see how the accident can be blamed on camping world unless they instructed the customer to drive their own vehicle through a restricted area against company policy. You can contact seikens and they can refer you to a body shop that is authorized to apply their product. Great paint by the way. Good luck.
Your wrong it's called Demenished Value and you can get relief,it does take negotiation and ihave done it and told other that got it also.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Interesting! Was the relief given on an automobile claim or motorhome? What insurance company and was this coverage stated in the policy or was it something you had to negotiate that wasn't stated in the policy? Im assuming you meant diminished value. I just looked through my policy and there is nothing stated. My experience has been that if its not stated, its not covered.

Tags
camping, service