Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-31-2014, 07:27 PM   #29
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When we were ordering our WGO Adventurer I vacillated about the outdoor entertainment TV....it was around $1300 and I figured I would never use it. Then I thought it would be good to have for resale. So I bit the bullet and ordered it. On a $160,000 MH it is less than 1% of the price. Well I have used it many times over the past month that we have had the MH and I love it...I would say the outdoor TV is the biggest surprise for me...
Good luck with your decision! No right or wrong....

2009 WGO Tour 40TD
2012 Honda Fit Sport 5sp
Saddlebrooke, AZ
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2014, 08:00 PM   #30
We try ours once a year to make sure it's still there and working. Can't see the screen in daytime, at night there are too many bugs, or it's too hot or too cold. To me, it's totally useless.

ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:07 PM   #31
We use ours a lot when down south but no so much up north. The days are shorter and its nice to sit outside and watch the evening news with a glass of wine in the evening. Maybe an afternoon break if theres something on the history channel. The fridge is always handy especially for patio parties. We also leave essentials like ketchup, barbe sauce etc in the fridge. Saves going in and out of the coach. Kind of a bad picture but you get the idea. Consists of a couple bose speakers, the TV and the fridge.

radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #32
Winnebago Owners Club
radar: That's what my outdoor entertainment center looks like! A radio and a big tool box! LOL! \ken
Ken & Deb (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, Harvest Hosts, and grateful volunteers with SOWERs)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/400ISL and Allison 3000MH on Freightliner's Evolution chassis, Onan QD7500, 1000w Renogy solar, BlueOx tow gear, and 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #33
We don't watch TV at home, and we have never used our outside TV. We actually took the TV out and it's stored in our house. Different strokes for different folks. 2013 Winnebago 42e with a 1961 VW Bug Toad.
2NewRVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #34
When we had our G'town & if we camped with my sis & her family who are huge NASCAR fans, I'd take a TV out of the house & stick it in the coach then we'd hook it up outside to watch the races. That happened maybe 5 times in 3 years.

Now, our Ventana does have the outside TV mounted in the slide and in the pegboard bay, there is a radio/cd/dvd player. Since it's there, we probably will use it some but had we ordered the coach, we probably would not have included it.

I can see us using the DirecTV music channels more than watching the mindless shows on the TV side of it.
Karen & Gary
Glamping is not for the faint of heart!
with furkids Gypsy & Cody &
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #35

I have one but I only use it once in a while, mainly if I am tailgating at a sporting event. If I'm outside I have a lot of other things I prefer to do than watch TV. The stereo gets more use. We turn in on if dining outdoors.

My coach came with it. So I use it.
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #36
Country Coach Owners Club
I built an outside mount for a HDTV. Carried a TV there for one year. Seldom used it. Its not there any more.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #37
We have a side mount one; I don't think I would want one as an option if it took up basement space.

My husband enjoys having it. When he is outside grilling he usually has it on.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #38
Fleetwood Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	outdoor entertainment.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	72709

We love ours along with the outdoor kitchen. Would not be without it
Jeff & Steph
2010 Discovery 40x Spartan Cummins ISB
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Hogbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #39
Never have used mine.....I did turn it on to make sure it works.....but that was it.

2013 Phaeton 40QBH
Freightliner Chassis/Cummins ISC 380HP
2010 Honda CRV Toad
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #40
Used it now and then for coffee in the morning or a football game on Sundays. Then I figured out how to run the satellite radio through the TV source switchbox, and now I use it a lot. NPR on Saturday morning with coffee & breakfast, a little Outlaw Country when outside reading or just gathering wool. Keep the sound reasonable for the neighbors, but now that is a full entertainment center, I was surprised at how much I use it.
Niel & Carol Powers
Winnie Era 70C
TexasSprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Wouldn't be without it for sporting events. Seems like a great spot when all the neighbors come over for the game. That is why we have our coach. Fun times with friends and family.
beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #42
Not very much. A few hours per year.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B

dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote