Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Outside light/fresh tank drain

I'm a real newbee to this site, so be gentle.

We just purchased a '04 Pace Arrow 37C and I've got 2 issues. There's a light mounted high up, towards the rear, on the drivers side that is like a yard light but it's on all the time. The only time it goes out is when I disconnect the batteries. Surely there's a switch some where. I've looked everywhere but it the right place. What's the deal? I'm also having trouble locating the drain for the fresh water tank. I've looked where the owners manual says to look but no luck. There is a system water filter on board which I assume is close by. Can anyone help?

Mr. Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
I have a Tiffin but maybe some things are similar. Look for a switch labeled "road light". Ours is on the panel just inside the door. The drain for our fresh water tank is located where the hole in the water bay (center) where the sewer hose gets hooked up and is a simple plastic turn handle left or right.

Mel (Melanie) and Harry
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
My light switch for that light is on the dash. My basement compartment light switch is next to the door.

The drain for the water tank will be at the lowest point the water system is at. Usually a pipe will be lowest. Your tank will be higher. Look under the rig near the area where the tank is. You'll probably find a plastic hose (1/2" diameter) sticking down through the compartment floor. Follow that up into a compartment and look for a small plastic valve. Sometimes these are turn type, other times you pull them up to start the drain flow.

But it seems like every rig is different...so...you'll have to just look carefully and try to think like an overworked, underpaid, engineer.
'02 Winnebago Journey DL, DSDP, 36' of fun.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
I think that light is there for light when you hook up at night? Is it above the sewer and water hook up compartment? Is the switch in there or maybe there is a compartment door switch that is bad?
Steve and Sheri with Archie (and Hiro, R.I.P.)
2000 Winnebago 35U, Ford F53/6.8l V10
F150 Ford and Vintage Aspencade.
sswilson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #5
Jim Hi Tek nailed how to find a fresh water drain. In my Newmar product the light is labled "security light" and is controlled by a rocker switch in cabinet above entrance door.
Until you experience success locating the switch, I would remove the bulb from the light as it is not a necessity.

I suggest posting the questions in the Fleetwood forum. You will have a better choice of finding a Pace Arrow expert there. (see link below)

Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums
George R. - Fulltiming since January '03
2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 3991
2012 Chevy Malibu LT1
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #6
On my 37c Southwind,the water tank drain valve is in the first basement compartment aft of the right entrance door.It is white plastic and the handle is about four inches in length. Your cold water lowpoint valve will not drain the tank. All this is assuming the Pace and the SW are indentical in this respect.
04 Southwind 37C W22

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
On my 2006 Pace Arrow 37C the switch is a rocker switch located on the dash along with about 6 other switches in a row, this also turns on a light in the engine compartmsnt

Bpp is offline   Reply With Quote