Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #1

Outside lighting

While camped I saw a class A coach with awnings in and lots of light coming from behind the closed awning creating a wall of light. Has anyone seen this and how is it done? These were not Paramount awnings, and I assume some sort of LEDs.
Ford guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
They are LED Strip lights. They are mounted under the roller awning on the side of the coach. They are available from Ebay or Amazon. Be certain you purchase the waterproof type. Most camping suppliers sell them as well, but... they are the same lights you find on Amazon, but up to 4 times the price. The coe in 12v and 110 v styles. Most have multiple button remotes as the strip has several colors you can use.... the strip is about 16" long. I had a set on my Jayco Designer fifth wheel and are putting them on my New Entegra Aspire. Let me know if you have any more questions.... for about $30.00 they are a great look. Hope this helps.
PPAinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #3

PPAinpa is correct. I got a strip of LED lights at Amazon for under 20.00, you have to drill a hole in the roof and run a wire to a converter inside, not hard to do. Motorhome magazine had a how-to article about 5 months ago.
Jimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
As stated above, not hard to install. Mine is on the slide out just under the roller for the awning. No need to open awning to have the light. Also put them on the door awning to give more light here. Wife was not happy about me drilling holes in her new RV. Bought a 16' waterproof string on the internet. Love the colors.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #5

I added to my motorhome also. I added the RF(radio Frequency) controller instead of the IR (infra red) so I do not need line of site to change the light colors.
gvisnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvisnic View Post
I added to my motorhome also. I added the RF(radio Frequency) controller instead of the IR (infra red) so I do not need line of site to change the light colors.

I too want the RF remote control. Can you give me a link to the ones you bought? Thanks!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought a set of these and use the adhesive and mounted them to the frame on the bottom of the coach. they have been there over a year and no problems so far. I brought the wire up and plugged it into the outlet in the basement. then use the remote from inside. it gives great ground effects.
Seven Color LED Light Strip - Diamond 52688-RF - Patio Lights - Camping World
Old 11-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #8

I put the LED lights on the outside of the RV and underneath. Changes colors, flashes etc. All with a remote. Cheapest deal is on Amazon. 16 Ft LEDs color changing, waterproof.
ColonelA is offline   Reply With Quote