Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
outside lights

well so far am winning on the fix up but have an annoyance have 2 outside lights 1 yellow at door found that switch it was a no brainer and then a white one on drivers side where the h##l is the switch for that one
thanks for all your help just got the genny to get working and we are on the road
1992 itasca suncruiser

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #2

Generally, the switch for the patio light on the drivers side is on the dash or electrical panel under the drivers window (if you have one). Makes sense since the services are on the drivers side, the light switch would be accessible to the driver while backing into a spot.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #3

We are first time owners since February of this year and I have spent a lot of time finding out there are switches and outlets hid every where. The outside drivers side light for our 1990 Winnebago Cheiftain is located in the rear trunk where the shore power plug is located. Go figure?
Old 05-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The outside "porch" light on the driver side of my Winnebago is linked to the light in the water service bay ...the switch marked "light" powers both the bay light and the outside light, and the bay light also has a switch on the end of the fixture.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
On a 92 look up on the wall behind the drivers head there should be a switch there for the driver's side outside light.

Plus Fiona a minature Goldendoodle
Iangolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #6

I would also look on the wall behind the drivers seat. Thats where I found mine for the drivers side of the coach.
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
well I have to admit defeat cant find the switch anywhere tried switching on all the bay lights and nothing yes I did check the bulb and cant find a switch anywhere around the drivers area oh well its not a big deal but does annoy me that I cant find it
Thanks for your help just gotta find a way to get the generator to run might have to resort to hiring someone thejn we are off to camp with the grand kids they are chomping at the bit to go
Old 05-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Silly question you did look up near the ceiling on the wall behind the driver's seat?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our 2000 adventurer(rear queen bedroom, pass. side slide) has an outside light over the wet bay on the drivers side. I assume this is to help in the event you are hooking up or unhooking after dark. The switch is located beside the one for the overhead bedroom light.
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopydad View Post
well I have to admit defeat cant find the switch anywhere tried switching on all the bay lights and nothing yes I did check the bulb and cant find a switch anywhere around the drivers area oh well its not a big deal but does annoy me that I cant find it
Thanks for your help just gotta find a way to get the generator to run might have to resort to hiring someone thejn we are off to camp with the grand kids they are chomping at the bit to go
Assuming electrical power is getting to the starter and starter is turning the engine over. Check fuel flow to carb. Change fuel filter. Check oil level (some small engines will not start or run with low oil level). Remove carb fuel bowl and clean it. It may have debris or water in the bowl. If you or a small engine repair friend have a spark checker check the plug (s) for blue spark. Hope this helps find the problem. (Yep. I do small engines.)
SKP #111927
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
yes folks I have turned on pressed on every switch I can find in the coach and have raised the white flag of defeat will wait for one of the grand kids to show me how....... it always happens
generator just groans when I hit power so I assume there is a bad connection somewhere in the lines will crawl under this weekend and follow them and clean each connector and see what difference that makes if not off to the shop to get raped by the local dealers
Old 05-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
I have a control panel that has my battery, slide out, all water tanks levels and there is a security light switch and that is the switch for my outside lights mid way down the coach on each side
Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
You are probably correct about the grandkids. Hopefully you just have some corrosion on a cable end and you are able to get the genset going. On a 92 Allegro we picked up a few years ago I replaced the starter and got the Onan going. The issue was that it would die and you could not get it started again without priming the fuel line manually. Fuel pump was good. After a frustrating first trip I started tracing the fuel lines and found out that the rubber fuel pick-up line coming out of the top of the tank was cracked from age and depending on the temp and bouncing around the line would allow air to enter and kill the generator. Had to drop the tank to replace about 2 feet of hose. Of course this was after filling the tank. Maybe this feedback will help. Good luck and have fun on your first trip.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
well it took the grandkids less than 20 seconds to find the switch in the elec bay on the t.v. switch post go figure why would I try that one its for the t.v. duh..........

Tags
lights