Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #29
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'd call the tire shop that replaced the tires and make sure they can get you in, then air up the tire and drive it back to them and let them deal with it, or they can send a mobile truck out to you if they have one.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2016, 04:38 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
Thanks for all the replies.

Here is exactly what happened.

I took my rig in on Monday to have ALL FOUR rears replaced with brand new Sumitomos. I picked up my mh on Friday at the shop, but I didn't bother to check the air pressures. I assumed they were inflated to specs.

I drove it straight to my home that day, which was about 12 miles never going over 50 mph.

On Sunday morning, two days later, I decided to check all the pressures of my tires. The fronts were good, and the duals on the RR corners were also good. When I checked the LR duals, the outside had 80 psi, the inside were 0.

I inflated the all rear tires to 86 psi that morning. Later that afternoon, I checked all of them again. The RR duals held their pressure, the outside LR dual had 86, the inside were 60.

This morning, I checked the LR duals again. The outside held at 86, the inside was now down to 40.

So there's a slow leak somewhere. I didn't see any nails/screws on the tire, so I'm guessing there's a valve stem leak.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I drove it with 0 pressure. I'm just doing a "worse case scenario".

I should've checked all the tires prior to leaving the shop. I won't make that same mistake again.
Did they install balance powder, and if so, are the valve stems filtered? It was a stuck valve stem on my tire from the balance powder that resulted in my tire getting low. I have since installed filtered valve stems, which would be required to use a TPMS anyhow, and have not had a leak since.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:36 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Now that we have more to the story, take it back to the shop and let THEM deal with it since it was most likely caused by them originally.

BTW, get yourself a TPMS and use it. You could have eliminated all of this by having the TPMS alert you that your inside dual had 0 psi BEFORE driving off the shop lot.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote