Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2016, 04:01 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Outside TV Mount

Looking for ideas to mount a TV in one of my outside bays. Anyone got any ideas ?

scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2016, 08:23 AM   #2

I created a mounting point out of wood and used drawer sliders. I was able to fit a 28 inch tv that would slide in perfect and allow for the door to close taking up minimum space. The coax cable wire was already there. I had to run HDMI from the satellite receiver. It's simple and it works.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #3

Our first two coaches didn't have outside mounted TV's. I did have an outside TV carried in one of the bays and set it around wherever I wanted it and worked great. I now have an exterior mounted TV and wish it was not mounted. It never fails for a good game or show, it's setting in the sun so the picture is washed out and hard to see. I'm working on a way to detach the TV so it can be moved around to a good place for viewing.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #4

Morryde makes a basement slide out TV mount:Adjustable Horizontal Sliding Mount - MORryde Products
Old 01-21-2016, 04:39 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by craka View Post
I created a mounting point out of wood and used drawer sliders. I was able to fit a 28 inch tv that would slide in perfect and allow for the door to close taking up minimum space. The coax cable wire was already there. I had to run HDMI from the satellite receiver. It's simple and it works.
I like the idea of drawer slides but my only concern is weather they will hold enough weight, I want to use a 34" TV
Old 01-21-2016, 09:11 AM   #6

The sky is the limit. Check out drawer slides on Amazon. I used a light 8.8lb 28 inch Toshiba and used 100lb drawer slides. I mounted a swivel arm TV mount to the slides and can pretty much move it in any direction I want to beat the glare if the sun is to my back. I've seen some other people build a drawer type platform mounted to the drawer slides that have a TV mounted to it. I guess it depends on your compartment and how you want to use the space. Just measure twice, cut once, and make sure those drawer slides are squared up!
Old 01-21-2016, 09:19 AM   #7

I spent $200+ to make a great tv bracket, but last year saw a product called Gostick that makes it real easy to mount an outside tv. I bought the Gostick fan for my rv and love it. Nice thing about tv bracket is you can move it anywhere you want. Well worth the money imho. Check it out online.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:23 AM   #8

Very nice and a creative mount craka. Thanks for sharing.
SrFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:42 AM   #9

I got one of these suction cup mounts and it is fantastic:

GOstik Products Flat screen TV Suction Cup Mount | GoStik
Old 01-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraura View Post

Hmmm I like that
Old 01-21-2016, 07:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
Morryde makes a basement slide out TV mount:Adjustable Horizontal Sliding Mount - MORryde Products
I have the Moryde TV40-010H works great.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:09 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraura View Post

I would be a little leary of the suction cups, to much to lose when they let go.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
Our first two coaches didn't have outside mounted TV's. I did have an outside TV carried in one of the bays and set it around wherever I wanted it and worked great. I now have an exterior mounted TV and wish it was not mounted. It never fails for a good game or show, it's setting in the sun so the picture is washed out and hard to see. I'm working on a way to detach the TV so it can be moved around to a good place for viewing.
A few things that I have done / will be doing to help with glare.

We got one of those awning shades, the kind that has a 2' piece that slides in the extra awning track and stays permanently attached and then a larger piece that zips on. Given my viewing angle to the screen, often even just the 2' piece provides the necessary block to help viewing. And, in any case, we have found the shading makes our outside space much more useable anyway.

When the screen is not enough, I have taken a large dark beach towel and clipped it to the awning flap to provide a dark background (it just lays outside of and on the sun screen); this works almost all the time. I will be having a black backdrop made out of "sunbrella" or boat cover type material, about 5'x5' or 6'x5' that will be even better. Just use those heavy spring clamps that look like clothes pins to attach it to the awning flap.

My tv door flips up, and it is gloss white and can cause a partial reflection given the viewing angle. I will be painting it flat black to solve that problem.

And whenever possible, try to get a site that the passenger side faces E or NE !

As a side note, our TV is about in the middle of our coach, the top of it about 6' off the ground. It seems to me the higher the tv is on the coach, the easier it is to shade.........

Regards!
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterbob View Post
I would be a little leary of the suction cups, to much to lose when they let go.
I agree. I think I would at least be putting on a safety rope or chain.

SrFox is offline   Reply With Quote