Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2015, 02:27 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Outside TV volume

We have a 2014 Meridian 34 B with and outside TV. The problem is that the volume from the outside TV is low and the interior speakers can't be adjusted so you end up with the audio sounds coming out of the inside coach speakers and low volume coming out of the outside TV. So my question is can the inside speakers be isolated from the outside TV and or how do you get more volume to the outside TV. Secondly can the stereo speakers be adjusted so that each TV (3) can be viewing something else and having separate volume to each TV? What if any speakers are there that can be added to the outside TV?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #2

Concerning being able to independently having 3 sets on different channels, 2 words: try it.
Now to having inside sound coming to the outside speakers. I think you may have your surround sound on and you're getting sound through the cut out in the wall. Try turning off the surround sound. Also turn off the main TV inside. Now go to the outside TV and try it.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:25 PM   #3

We don't have a Winnebago, but I think they set the TV's up the same for the most part. All our TV's have there own separate TV speakers. The inside ones can be used with either the surround sound system or the independent speakers on the TV. The outside TV can be operated on the independent TV speakers or the stereo system mounted in the area where the outside TV is located. To do that you need to use the TV remote on all of them to direct which sound source you want it to use. Try using your TV remote and mess around with the "sound" or "speaker" setting and you might see the choices there.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Usually the outside TV is not connected to your inside sound system. It has its own speakers and does not use the outside speakers that are connected to the inside sound system. So I'm confused by your description.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
Old 06-16-2015, 07:12 AM   #5

As a general comment, remember you are in close quarters of a campground unless you are in a deserted desert. Some of us leave town for peace and quiet so be respectful of too much volume leaving your camp site.

Dan
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:07 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadej View Post
As a general comment, remember you are in close quarters of a campground unless you are in a deserted desert. Some of us leave town for peace and quiet so be respectful of too much volume leaving your camp site.

Dan
X2 on the above!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:22 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I am aware of and respect others in a camp site - I just can't hear the TV and the only speakers are inside of the TV, so the volume is not very loud. I don't want to mount extra speakers if there is a way to increase the volume. I am going to try some of the above recommendations. I will post the results.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Outside TV volume

Have you (or anyone else) considered using wireless earphones? Many tv's have an 1/8" headphone jack.

Also, if there's an outside radio with an auxiliary input you could plug the TV into it and should get more volume. Though you might need to get a red and white rca plug to a stereo 1/8" adaptor. Radio Shack has them (if you can find one that's still open), or Home Depot.

Me? If I'm outside I don't watch TV or listen to the radio.
I like the (hopefully) peace and quiet. ✌🏻
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:38 PM   #9

Your interior speakers are running off the DVD player in your audio cabinet. Your DVD player should have a volume control so you can turn the volume down for the internal speakers. As far as the speakers on the exterior tv, I have not used mine yet.