Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2018, 06:38 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Saddle, some men you just can't reach.
I think you found one.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2018, 08:18 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well then, you show me a sign that says All RV's" or "All RV's Towing" pull over and get weighed.
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:34 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Well then, you show me a sign that says All RV's" or "All RV's Towing" pull over and get weighed.
Of the top 1000 things I have to be concerned about today showing you a picture of a sign does not make the list. I wish you a great day sir!
Old 03-06-2018, 08:45 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks, because they don't exist at weigh stations that are for commercial vehicles. This topic is a repeat here on iRV2.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:15 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Separate kind of 'check' station.....CA has 16===one on EACH state border road between CA and OR, NV, AZ

Completely different then DOT Scales
See comment above mine referring to Agg Stop

Been through most myself here on CA
Old 03-06-2018, 08:34 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
Of the top 1000 things I have to be concerned about today showing you a picture of a sign does not make the list. I wish you a great day sir!

Pictures, or it didn’t happen.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:24 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
This is what the laws for each state say! From the AAA Digest!

https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/weigh-stations/
Old 03-06-2018, 10:12 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Funny, some of the states, pull over, you are one pound to heavy, ha. Very vague, trucks mostly are not defined. Basically, all commercial vehicles are subject to get weighed, and in many cases states say for RV'S not to be weighed....and lastly, "While AAA makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information, AAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein."
Old 03-06-2018, 10:22 PM   #37

Spartan Chassis
Maryland-Have more pics if you need
Attached Images

ceeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:36 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
MARYLAND
The Department of State Police maintains 7 vehicle weighing and measuring stations, with 1 station on Interstate 95.

The following vehicles must stop: (1) agricultural vehicles over 10,000 lbs.; (2) all commercial vehicles over 10,000 lbs.; (3) commercial buses carrying over 16 passengers; (4) any hazardous material haulers requiring placards.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:49 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Being from Maryland I can honestly tell you that the only people that have to stop at our scales are commercial trucks weighing over 5 tons. If the side of your coach has a commercial sign on it such as a business or anything of that nature you must pull over and get your vehicle weighed.

That said there is a caveat to all of this, in the event that the DOT feels that you're operating in an unsafe manner they can ask you to pull onto the scale. Here's the thing, you have to be driving like an absolute idiot, the front end of your coach has to be popping up in the air because the trailer behind you have so much tongue weight, or if they think that you're running dope and want a reason to ask in a board your coach.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:50 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well, after talking to 2 MD State Police troopers, I don't stop at any of the MD weigh stations. When I showed them the email response I mentioned above they shook their heads. Just to make sure they weren't wrong they made a couple of phone calls. They both assured me that, unless I was in a commercial endeavor, and marked or registered as such, there was no requirement to pull into their weigh station at any time. So ignore the ALL VEHICLES OVER 5 TONS must enter.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:01 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
And lastly Ceeja, about your picture......
Regarding weigh stations in Maryland, many of you might believe that you are not required to pull into weigh and inspection stations in Maryland. Guess what? ALL Tucks over 5T GVW are required to stop at ALL weigh stations in Maryland (varies by state), the definition of a truck excludes vehicles like School Buses, RVs, Farm equipment and emergency vehicles, but if your vehicle is a truck AND is over 5T GVW, you MUST pull into inspection stations. Now whether or not you'll be pulled over for passing the weigh station is another story. I for one do not want to take that risk! Technically, even U-Haul trucks over 5T GVW are required to stop, but none ever does...
Excludes means it doesn't count..RV'S don't count.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeja View Post
Maryland-Have more pics if you need
Well son of a gun.
I have never seen a bear in Washington.
That doesn't mean there aren't any......

Tags
weight