Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Overhead Clearance light replacement - '99 Winnebago (HELP!)

Hello all...
I've been reading, and searching until I'm blue in the face.

I've got a '99 Winnebago Chieftain, and I'd like to replace the overhead clearance lights (5 amber in front, and 5 red in rear). They are NOT printed with any manufacturer name (all others, are glo-brite and printed on the lens as such) nor any markings other then DOT.

They are a 2 screw installation, and approx size is a 4 1/2 X 2 3/8".

With only the Winni PDF to go with, which tells me the actual part number from Winni... it's still not much luck to find a replacement.

Here's the parts I found in the PDF:

For the rears;
3 102520-02-000 EA LIGHT - CLEARANCE - W/O SOCKET/HOUSING - RED
3 036196-01-000 EA BULB - 12V - #194 - .27 AMP - BAYONETTE
3 067789-02-000 EA SOCKET - LAMP
3 102540-01-000 EA SEAL - SCREW - ROUND - RUBBER
3 102541-01-000 EA GASKET - CLEARANCE LIGHT
3 102582-01-000 EA BRACKET - LIGHT - CLEARANCE - L-SHAPED METAL - 2.2" X 4.7"

For the fronts;
9 102520-01-000 EA LIGHT - CLEARANCE - W/O SOCKET/HOUSING - AMBER
9 102541-01-000 EA GASKET - CLEARANCE LIGHT
9 036196-01-000 EA BULB - 12V - #194 - .27 AMP - BAYONETTE
9 067789-02-000 EA SOCKET - LAMP

If I do a google search on the "light" part numbers, I get more PDF files and a lack of manufacturer or any other notable information.

HAS ANYONE been able to find a direct replacement (in Incandescent or LED) that fits the coach and doesn't look like an "add on"?? I've read many forums who have claimed to replace them, but the they don't give specifics on EXACTLY which light they used to replace.

I'm eager to replace my leaking, moisture laden clearance lights.

HELP!!!
__________________

__________________
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
charlie 62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Elm Springs Ar
Posts: 106
Remove 1 light and take it to a truck parts house. I recomend LED lamps.
__________________

__________________
charlie 62 - 2007 Four Winds Windsport - 2010 Ford Flex
charlie 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
beaverfever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 619
google bargman clearance / marker lights. find one that matches and napa, rv store or trailer supply store will fix you up
__________________
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
JohnFreyja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anacortes, Wa.
Posts: 418
Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
X-2 on the LED's
__________________
John
08 Intrigue
2014 Ford Edge
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Steve N Sal's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,590
They may be manufactured by "GROTE". They're one of the leading mfr.
__________________
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
rlott2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: BC, Cariboo, Lower Mainland.
Posts: 263
Have you tried Winnebago?
__________________
2008 KSDP/2013 Flex
They're both paid for and they're ours!
rlott2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated.

But.... I guess I should rephrase my question(s) and concerns, and request for help....

As I know LEDs are the way to go....
I know I can call Winnebago and (possibly) buy originals...
I know I can pull the light, and shop around at local shops...
I know I can search the internet for a similar light...

It's not what I want to do, and not what I'm asking. I was hoping someone has done all this, and found results. Results in the form of a light, that is a direct replacement. Key word here; DIRECT REPLACEMENT. That person, would know the name of the light... where they bought it, and the cost. They'd know if it was direct fit or not... etc.etc.

I'm looking for someone, who has ALREADY done the leg work. As I've exhausted most all other avenues, for a DIRECT FIT light. Why should I run around if there's someone else who's already done so?!

So please... unless you know of a direct replacement that I'm looking for, or have information pertinent to my quest because you've gone down this road already... there's no need to reply. Otherwise, it seems... your posting what I already know and have already read. And it's just another guestimate to find a possible result. I'm looking for cold hard facts.

....
__________________
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Colonie, NY
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated.

But.... I guess I should rephrase my question(s) and concerns, and request for help....

As I know LEDs are the way to go....
I know I can call Winnebago and (possibly) buy originals...
I know I can pull the light, and shop around at local shops...
I know I can search the internet for a similar light...

It's not what I want to do, and not what I'm asking. I was hoping someone has done all this, and found results. Results in the form of a light, that is a direct replacement. Key word here; DIRECT REPLACEMENT. That person, would know the name of the light... where they bought it, and the cost. They'd know if it was direct fit or not... etc.etc.

I'm looking for someone, who has ALREADY done the leg work. As I've exhausted most all other avenues, for a DIRECT FIT light. Why should I run around if there's someone else who's already done so?!

So please... unless you know of a direct replacement that I'm looking for, or have information pertinent to my quest because you've gone down this road already... there's no need to reply. Otherwise, it seems... your posting what I already know and have already read. And it's just another guestimate to find a possible result. I'm looking for cold hard facts.

....
I am now doing the same as you, trying to find a direct replacement for the front clearance marker lights. I have just spent over 4hrs searching the net trying to match up a nice LED clearance light with no luck. Were you able to find a nice replacement?:bo w:
__________________
offdutyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
tderonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Motor City, Mich
Posts: 1,956
Here's a start:
Grote 46913


And the LED version?
Grote 47063


(Not 100% sure these are the lights Winnebago uses, they may use the same looking part from another manufacturer, or a completely different part that just looks like these?)
__________________
Tim.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:11 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdutyRV View Post
I am now doing the same as you, trying to find a direct replacement for the front clearance marker lights. I have just spent over 4hrs searching the net trying to match up a nice LED clearance light with no luck. Were you able to find a nice replacement?:bo w:
I was!!

In fact, I replaced ALL my clearance lights with LED.
AND replaced my front headlights, and all other markers.
Even added blinkers under my side mirrors, and behind the mirror glass.

Made an improvement all around.
I love being seen at night, but also love how it updated the coach.

I used these;
Glo-Brite model 302R-88 and 302Y-88

All the info is here;
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...g/1/page/1.cfm

Or specifically, in this post;
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Overhead Clearance light replacement - '99 Winnebago (HELP!)

... I hope that helps ya out!! I had to do some searching myself, on keywords to find the RV.NET links. I forgot about all the work I put into it.
__________________
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:13 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Colonie, NY
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Here's a start:
Grote 46913


And the LED version?
Grote 47063


(Not 100% sure these are the lights Winnebago uses, they may use the same looking part from another manufacturer, or a completely different part that just looks like these?)
Thank you Thank you Thank you,
How in the world did you figure this out? These are an exact match to the original. The original was a Triplex 302# which is now obsolete and seems to switch over to the Glo-Brite which also seems to now be obsolete.

The Grote 47063 will fit perfectly in the recessed spot and I was able to find them for $19.38 at "The Monkey Wrench" so I think they will be the ones. My rear clearance lights are surface mount and of normal size/style so finding LED replacements will be easy for them as will finding the side marker LED replacements.

I was also able to put together some Bargman 86 series LED stop/tail lights and backup lights that will fit nicely in the recessed mount for the crappy original stop/tail lights. I'll post pics of that when I get around to installing them.

Thanks again for posting the links to these Grote's.
__________________
offdutyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:10 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
tderonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Motor City, Mich
Posts: 1,956
Google image searches are awesome....

Looks JohnnyJ found even more stuff that fits when he did his, and confirms the Grote ones work.
__________________
Tim.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:17 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Google image searches are awesome....

Looks JohnnyJ found even more stuff that fits when he did his, and confirms the Grote ones work.
Yup... I love image searches too!


OFFDUTYRV...
Did you also read through my RV.NET posting?

It mentions the (amber) GROTE lights in the 5th post by cobra350;
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Overhead Clearance light replacement - '99 Winnebago (HELP!)

And then discusses the replacement GROTE in red, and the Glo-Brite option(s).

TDERONNE... Nice find!

There was a reason I used Glo-Brite over the Grote brand. I don't remember why. I'm thinking screw hole dimension... but, I'm guessing as it was 2yrs ago. Even though searching by image pulls up even more options, it's the specs of the light you need to be concerned about. Width, screw hole separation, depth, etc. ...it took me awhile, but again... not sure why I used one brand over the other.
__________________

__________________
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
replace, replacement, winnebago


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.