Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2011, 03:39 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automobilist View Post
Weighed the coach:
Left front: 4400
Right front: 3480
Left rear: 7780
Right rear: 7940

Gross weight: 23,600 lb.

As indicated, Toyo recommended pressures are:
Left front: 100
Right front: 75
Left rear: 85
Right rear: 90
Also loks like you need to try to move some of the weight off the left front if at all possable. While certianly not over weight, almost 1000 lbs diffrence on one corner is a lot especally on the steer axle.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeane View Post
Also loks like you need to try to move some of the weight off the left front if at all possable. While certianly not over weight, almost 1000 lbs diffrence on one corner is a lot especally on the steer axle.

I'll see if I can slide the generator over a few inches...
Old 06-14-2011, 04:53 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I'll see if I can slide the generator over a few inches...
How far do you think you'll need to move it?
Old 06-14-2011, 07:32 AM   #32

FWIW, I was having a similar issue as described here. I found that the used tow bar I had purchased was allowing the toad to move around enough to cause a lot of the grief I was experiencing. An adjustment here and an inexpensive part there made a VERY notable difference! Just thought I'd pass that on....
Old 06-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
I haven't seen anybody ask if the ride height has been checked.
We had a 2001 Journey that wondered, after the ride height was properly set along with an alignment the wonder went away.
bthomforde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomforde
I haven't seen anybody ask if the ride height has been checked.
We had a 2001 Journey that wondered, after the ride height was properly set along with an alignment the wonder went away.
What was the Journey "wondering" about? How did it communicate it's thoughts to you?

P.S. Seriously to the OP; Your issues with your TST system is most likely due to the use of the extensions. It would be nearly impossible to get a good seal with so many points of failure. Get some long valve stems installed and your TST system will surely work.
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #35

What's the correct ride height spec? I wonder as I wander...
Old 06-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #36

Quote:
There's a process for checking ride height spelled out pretty clearly in the P-30 chassis manual I was looking at. Not sure if that means there's one for every chassis or not?

The coach/chassis is parked on a reasonably flat surface and dimensions checked at specific points on the chassis to see if they're in range. I can only assume this would be done only after determining the coach is within the gvwr/gawr range.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:24 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Most alignment shops that are RV friendly will do this for you when performing an alignment.

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #38

okay...enough is enough. forget about all of this camber and caster, corner weight, steering correctors, stabilizer crap. you are driving an air filled box down the road at 70 mph which is the equivalent of a level one tornado. a 130,000 pound semi is going to blow you sideways no matter what. and a 60 mph crosswind is going to give you a major case of white knuckles and strip your awning off every time. before you spend the thousands of dollars these people are suggesting, just slow it down and enjoy. if it still scares you sell the damn thing and buy a lincoln navigator. remember every video of a major destruction in a tornado is in a trailer park. no matter what you paid...you are driving a trailer with a motor. case closed. this s..t is supposed to be fun. if it is not for you get rid of it.
buki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #39

one more thing...it is designed to wander. if your coach didnt wander even the slightest wind would flip it like a pizza box in a thunderstorm. grip the wheel with a minimal pressure, ease it over to the right sideline and breathe deeply. bottom line...the tighter you try to make it the more dangerous it becomes. as a former nhra top fuel driver i can assure you that without wander i could never have driven my ride 297 mph in 4.5 seconds without a heart attack. i have a 1993 airstream land yacht with a sloped front. i always feel like i am crawling.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by buki View Post
okay...enough is enough. forget about all of this camber and caster, corner weight, steering correctors, stabilizer crap. you are driving an air filled box down the road at 70 mph which is the equivalent of a level one tornado. a 130,000 pound semi is going to blow you sideways no matter what. and a 60 mph crosswind is going to give you a major case of white knuckles and strip your awning off every time. before you spend the thousands of dollars these people are suggesting, just slow it down and enjoy. if it still scares you sell the damn thing and buy a lincoln navigator. remember every video of a major destruction in a tornado is in a trailer park. no matter what you paid...you are driving a trailer with a motor. case closed. this s..t is supposed to be fun. if it is not for you get rid of it.
If you read the OP's first post you'd know that he had a good handling MH which went south at some point. So, something is wrong and needs to be addressed. While all you said is true to a point, one should not ignore severe handling issues. MH's being a handful in the first place (as you correctly state) require careful setup with regards to alignment, tire pressure, weight loading and distribution, etc. The OP has at a minimum tire pressure issues and weight distribution issues, possibly a bad tire and possibly a bad alignment. Ignoring these issue is dangerous and NOT fun.
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #41

excuse me but severity is a relative term. for most people having to turn the wheel at all is terrifying. inflate the tires in accordance with the tire mfrs suggestion...no more no less. trying to adjust handling on a moho by screwing around with tire pressure is unbelievable. amatuers have no concept of heat inflation or stagger. it is NOT the physics of the vehicle. it is the idiocy of the driver. going south is something i do every winter. it has NOTHING to do my asphalt chariot. automobilist is very obviously in way over his or her's head in the whole moho experience. my final suggestion...let someone else drive. that will cure all of your fears.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buki View Post
automobilist is very obviously in way over his or her's head in the whole moho experience. my final suggestion...let someone else drive. that will cure all of your fears.
I'm sorry, but I don't see how that statement is going to help the OP.

I see you're new to our friendly forum. I say friendly, because most folks in here are...

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote