Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #71
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
And just one last comment on water usage. Our little all in one washer dryer does not use much water, off of memory about 3-4 gallons.
What kind of machine do you have?

Splendide says their machines use between 9 and 16 gallons per load. My older Splendide 2000 uses 4 gallons every time it fills, so the Regular setting with one wash and three rinses is 16 gallons. The Permanent Press setting has one wash and two rinses, for a total of 12 gallons.

I can manually make it do one wash and one rinse, for a total of 8 gallons, which I do frequently. My machine now has 13 years of fulltime use on it, and when I replace it I'd love to have a machine that uses 3-4 gallons for a complete cycle.

oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2016, 02:44 PM   #72
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
I don't know if you proceeded with your solar install yet or not but here's some good reading. This full-timing couple boondocks and dry camps a lot and solar is very important to them.

We also used solar and it is absolutely wonderful. We didn't go extensively as you planned because we didn't want a washer/dryer or residential refrigerator. We also don't care about the television. It served our purpose very well. It's quiet and works in the background without any fussing.
Thanks for the info! It's good to hear that you're satisfied with your setup! I scheduled an appointment with AM Solar for early November, going to let the pros sort it out. I could bring myself up to speed on all the technical details and figure out how to spec the system myself but it's a bit tedious and when it comes right down to basics of roof penetrations and RV specific issues with panels and mounts and connectors and charge controllers...I'd still get it wrong.

AM Solar answered my questions (and I had a lot of them) and seemed very straight up, their customers seem to be very satisfied (searching threads here produced one bad review and it sounded like the guy complaining was fairly out-of-line, everything else was 100% positive)

Still don't have a build date or delivery date on the coach yet, really looking forward to it as couch surfing sucks

Oh, and I had already viewed all the resources you mentioned, I think some folks think I went into this blindly but I did my due diligence and searched for anything of value regarding installing/using/maintaining a PV array on an RV. There ain't that much out there, but I expect that'll change over the next few years. I expect that when fuel prices finally do recover, diesel and gas will be headed straight for $5/gal pretty quickly, and battery technology is going to move ahead pretty quickly. I'm okay with more expensive fuel since I don't plan to drive it much, but I would like to avoid burning diesel for carbon footprint, noise, smell and cost reasons.

Thanks for the input!

dphaynes is offline   Reply With Quote