Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by road dogs View Post
I found a brand new Oxygenics at a local Goodwill store for $3.99. I tried it in my 5th wheel and was very impressed. Actually makes the shower usable and enjoyable. I'm not sure I'd pay CW prices for one though....
Thanks, I hadn't thought of donating mine to Goodwill, now I know how to get rid of it. I'd offered it here on the forum to the first one to PM me and had no takers, didn't even think about Goodwill. Thanks

Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #44

Ford Super Duty Owner
afubar sent you a pm thanks

Old 03-01-2015, 04:29 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom View Post
afubar sent you a pm thanks
I replied back.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:36 PM   #46

Ford Super Duty Owner
afubar sent you my address thanks john
Old 03-01-2015, 07:31 PM   #47

We have been using the oxygenics shower head-hand unit for a number of years and LOVE it. One of the best accessories we have purchased. Sprays well, can use it all over the body LOL , conserves water yet seems to be spraying more water than it really is, pressure is good, feels great. So great for us. Okay that others have different preferences.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:48 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oxygenetic Shower Head

I find this whole discussion interesting. We installed an Oxygenic quite a while back, and found that it much improved the MH shower performance. But I did note over time that there are many variables involved, and a number of people I spoke with were unaware that they were actually working against themselves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1425262261.739196.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	87503

First of all, understand the difference between pressure and flow. Sometimes they affect each other, but they never mean the same thing.

1. There was probably a flow restrictor in the connector end of the shower head when you bought it. The manufacturer puts them in so they can claim to be "enviro-friendly". Looks like a little plastic disc with a very small center hole. If it's still there, that's a big part of your problem. Take it out and throw it away.

2. Some models have a rotating collar right at the bottom connector. It controls a valve so you can manually reduce the flow to the shower yourself, or shut it off. If you didn't know it's there, you may be choking your own flow. The valve is desirable in an RV, where you have a limited supply of hot water. You should be taking so-called "navy showers". However, the collar and valve setup don't work worth a damn, and it is near impossible to grasp with soapy hands. If you have one of these, set the collar to full open. Whether you have one or not, go down to the hardware store and buy a good quality, metal shut off valve as shown in the picture. Works better, workable with one hand, won't break.

3. If you're trying to protect your pipes by using one of those cheap cylindrical "pressure regulators" that screw in line with your hose, get rid of it. Those are just cheap units that cut you back to about 35-40psi and cut the flow about in half. You will NEVER get a decent shower with pressure and flow like that. You need to have about 50-60psi feeding into your RV to have good usable sinks, toilets, and showers, but you DO need to protect yourself from those few parks that crank their pressure up to 120 and forget about it. Buy a good quality adjustable pressure regulator by Watts or Valterra, and set it to about 55psi. The plumbing in your RV was tested to 100psi or more. It will be ok.

Now you have pressure, and you are no longer restricting your own flow. Everything will work the way it is supposed to. The flip side of the coin is that you have to remember where you are. If you live or camp in an RV, you don't have 50 or 100 gallons of hot water at your disposal. You can't stand there for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!!
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:54 PM   #49

Ford Super Duty Owner
The Camping World monthly ad has a new model out.

Fury Handheld Shower, White - Oxygenics 92781 - Shower - Camping World
reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:07 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom View Post
afubar sent you my address thanks john
Sent PM with tracking number. Hope it works for you. Thanks for taking it off my hands, was getting ready to throw it out.

Kaye
Old 03-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #51

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
The only difference is smaller holes in the head, it is the only way to obtain higher pressure at the shower head if everything else( incoming water pressure and volume, piping size and design) remains the same. That is simple fluid hydraulics.

The Oxygenics shower head uses intermediate fluid dynamics, not simple, (as would be taught in a freshman 101 fluid dynamics engineering class, I know, I sat in that class), and certainly not advanced.

There is a little more to the design incorporated into all of their various shower heads, they call it the "Oxygenics Engine". Besides the Body Spa version familiar to RVers, there are many other models used by Hotels and Hospitals for the water saving characteristic.

But, essentially, the design utilizes the venturi effect to suck in air with the water. A little water drop feels much bigger when its actually a bubble, full of air. Multiply that by the thousands of inflated bubble water droplets in the shower's stream, and you get the picture.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:42 PM   #52

Ford Super Duty Owner
afubar

kaye sent you a pm got the shower head today thank you very much
john
Old 03-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #53

I too was unhappy after installing, then I removed the water restructor and went to Lowes and purchased a better hose and now it works great
Old 03-10-2015, 10:31 PM   #54

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afubar View Post
One - I have fairly long hair, down to the waist, and trying to get hair washed and rinsed was a real challenge.

Two - Shut off valve did not totally shut off the water flow, left a cold trickle of water down the back, yuk.

At least with the variable spray pattern shower head, I have the option of a good hard spray for the hair and a shut off that really shuts off.
They are supposed to trickle, that is supposed to keep the water warm rather than cooling in the hose and pipes.
We have them in the stick house and the previous MH, thinking about putting one in the Magna soon. Wife really likes them for rinsing her hair.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:58 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You can buy a nice showerhead on a cord at any Home Depot. I replaced mine with a mid sized head, and then removed the stupid plastic water saver restrictor. I assume you already removed the water-saver inside the head?
Old 03-11-2015, 05:56 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
They are supposed to trickle, that is supposed to keep the water warm rather than cooling in the hose and pipes.
We have them in the stick house and the previous MH, thinking about putting one in the Magna soon. Wife really likes them for rinsing her hair.
Hey you, how do those lovely kitties like their new home? Any way, I know what the trickle was supposed to do, however, all I got was a cold trickle. Just didn't like. I'm glad there are many that like them, just color me different. I prefer the Camco shower head with spray pattern control, I can have a hard driving spray for the hair or a gentle spray like rain for other parts.

Tags
shower