Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oxygenetic Shower Head

Bought one at Camping World with the President's Day sale. Came in the mail and I took the old shower head off the wall and installed the new one--hose and all. I used the teflon tape and installed the little black washers it came with. It works WORSE than the Newmar shower head (which wasn't bad). So either I did something wrong or I go a bad unit ( but it is a shower head and a hose). So I took it off and put the old one back on...guess I'll return it for my money.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #2

I had the same experience. Worst piece of junk I've seen. Much prefer the Camco multi spray pattern shower head.
Afubar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is my experience. Went to camping world and was looking at them. The salesman told me if i did not like it he would gladly refund my money. Bought it and brought it back to the motor home. Unscrewed my original one. Installed the new unit. Took a shower, Wife took a shower, debated on whether or not I should buy two for my stick and brick home. They make more difference in campgrounds with low water pressure than I would have ever believed possible. It works very well. I went from having a weak shower to having a normal stick and brick experience shower.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have to agree with you. It did work a bit better than the original in my MH but definitely not worth the money.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HerbZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:53 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetonchief View Post
Bought one at Camping World with the President's Day sale. Came in the mail and I took the old shower head off the wall and installed the new one--hose and all. I used the teflon tape and installed the little black washers it came with. It works WORSE than the Newmar shower head (which wasn't bad). So either I did something wrong or I go a bad unit ( but it is a shower head and a hose). So I took it off and put the old one back on...guess I'll return it for my money.
After installing the Oxygenetics I turned it on and removed it thinking something was wrong with it. About a year latter, and having read all the great reviews, I decided the first one was defective and so bought another one. The new one sprayed the same as the first one. However, this time we went ahead and tried using it. Even though the spray did not look anything like I thought it should, we decided we liked it better.
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
Here is my experience. Went to camping world and was looking at them. The salesman told me if i did not like it he would gladly refund my money. Bought it and brought it back to the motor home. Unscrewed my original one. Installed the new unit. Took a shower, Wife took a shower, debated on whether or not I should buy two for my stick and brick home. They make more difference in campgrounds with low water pressure than I would have ever believed possible. It works very well. I went from having a weak shower to having a normal stick and brick experience shower.

Your experience duplicates mine. We frequently stay at a campground with very low water pressure. The Oxygenics works better in this situation than any other I have used. I would slightly prefer my old Moen in high pressure situations but if you stay in places with low pressure then the Oxygenics is a good solution.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My current motorhome is my 5th RV. I have used Oxygenics shower heads in a PopUp, 5er, and two other motorhomes.

I picked up my new motorhome in Florida, (to drive back home to California). I actually purchased a new Oxygenics shower head, (also on sale at the time at my local CW), and carried it in my luggage on the flight out to FL.

The first morning after taking delivery I really wanted to make sure to be guaranteed a good shower in my new motorhome! it worked great with the water pressure at Disneyworld's Fort Wilderness RVPark/Campground.

I really do not enjoy the standard RV shower head included in new RVs. Especially with low city water pressure, or when using the RV's water pump.
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:29 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
IIRC, there was another thread about this shower head, something about making sure the hose was installed correctly. Maybe there is a check valve or something similar.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:54 AM   #9

I guess it depends on what you are used to. If you already had a good shower head with great water flow and a nice spray pattern, then the Oxygenics would not seem to be an improvement. I had the original POS and with state park water pressure going through filters and regulator the Oxygenics made a big difference. I don't think I would want one in my house but maybe.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:00 AM   #10

We got a Oxygenics shower head a few years back and like it. We dry camp some and found we get a good shower with only a small amount of water being used. I didn't install the flow regulator that came with it because I didn't need it.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:10 AM   #11
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased one online cause I frequently stay in CG's with low water pressure. I like it better than the original one that came with my coach especially in low water pressure conditions. When I return home in the spring it goes into the S&B. I would certainly purchase one again.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:56 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
I thought it works Great.
johnboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #13

Agree with the improvement it makes with lower water pressure. Added one to my outside shower also because the stronger but narrow stream works great on the dogs.
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:08 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well I guess that settles it. It isn't worth the money to me--the original does a better job. Guess I'll be avoiding places with low water pressure.
I did buy a 2 head shower head I saw on Groupon for the S&B and was able to easily remove the H2O saver and the pressure in the condo was a huge success. May have to repeat for the MH--I am not planning on any boon docking so let the water flow.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower