Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Park brake problems

Hi folks;I have a 2002 winnabago class A.Does anyone know where the fuse is for the park brake?The brake is a pull out type and it gets stuck and won't release.It's been fixed before but is now stuck again.Thanks Don
donjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I had a 2001 Brave that cost big bucks to fix a simple problem, but I did not know anything about that parking brake. A component on it leaked and would not pull brake off and caused a lot of grief. Open the hood and see if you see a reservoir hid low on the drivers side. Mine was very hard to spot. If you don't see it, look for leaking fluid. I am NOT talking about the service brake reservoir. In the same area is a solenoid or some gizmo that pulls the park brake off. Good luck!
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

[QUOTE=donjoy;2491419]Hi folks;I have a 2002 winnabago class A.Does anyone know where the fuse is for the park brake?The brake is a pull out type and it gets stuck and won't release.It's been fixed before but is now stuck again.Thanks

Do you have air brakes? If so fuse?
Old 04-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

winnabago park break

Thank You but I must repeat my question.Where is the fuse for the park brake?Is it in the cluster box with all the other fuses? Thanks Don
Old 04-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The OP's profile says he has a 33' Suncruiser (presumably the 2002 32V going by the choices in the 2002 Suncruiser Brochure).

Do you have the Ford or Workhorse chassis? The parking brake is going to be different on the two chassis.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjoy View Post
Thank You but I must repeat my question.Where is the fuse for the park brake?Is it in the cluster box with all the other fuses? Thanks Don
Well Sir,
You can "repeat your question" all you'd like. But, in order for us, (the ones YOU ARE ASKING ) to better help YOU, we would like to know what model, engine, diesel, gas, etc. Because, the PARKING brakes and the operation of them, are totally different on Gas rigs and Diesel rigs. All you have to do is post it in signature or, mention it in the original question. A "Class A" can mean any number of rigs.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

In another posting (Motorhome leans somewhat) the OP ultimately indicates he has a Workhorse chassis.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Hi; This is a chevy with a gas engine and is a work horse.Please excuse me as I am not too familiar with it.The park brake is a pull out on the dash and sounds like air when it's working.I was told it is a fuse but I don't know where to find it.Your help is deeply appreciated.Thanks Don
Old 04-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Hi; This is a chevy with a gas engine and is a work horse.Please excuse me as I am not too familiar with it.The park brake is a pull out on the dash and sounds like air when it's working.I was told it is a fuse but I don't know where to find it.Your help is deeply appreciated.Thanks Don
Sounds like you most likely have a P32 chassis (Chevy or Workhorse) and it has the infamous J71 Auto Apply Parking Brake, aka, AAPB.

Different model year chassis had variations of the J71, so I'll not pretend to KNOW where your fuse is. However, Roger Haag is the EXPERT on all things related to the J71 AAPB, and his help is free to all who ask by email to: [email protected] . I'm sure Roger can help you.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:48 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Recheck my post #2 above. The exact problem I had.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

winnabago park brake

Ed; Thank you for your support.I will take your advise.Thank You Don
Old 04-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Roger is a definite help on these systems. Our auto-park brake locked up also and I was able to learn a lot from his info. I was able to release ours-there is a J-71 and a J-72 and one requires you to disconnect the driveshaft to move the coach. Ended up being the relay but the green pressure switch on the pump unit is also famous for failure. I have one of each for a spare now.
Good luck. Unfortunately Winnebago does not have a lot of info on these because Workhorse installed them. If you have the chassis manual it will have some info. Not real sure if the chassis manual is available on line like the Winnebago manual.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

PS on our coach the fuse is under the dash cluster on the left side-15amp I believe but doubt that will be the problem. Our year Workhorse has two chassis fuse boxes-one under the hood on the driver side and the one under the dash.

Tags
brake