Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #1

Parking a Class A at LL Bean

Hi,
We'll be passing Freeport, ME, on I-95 and would like to stop at the LL Bean store.
Does anyone know if there's adequate parking/driving space to manuever a 36ft. Class A (w/towd) off I-95 and into the LL Bean parking lot?
Having never been there I'm a little apprehensive about stopping and getting into the parking lot, especially if it's tight or in an area with a lot of traffic to negotiate.

Thanks,

Jim
seadogjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #2

Jim, I've never been there, but I just 'Google Earth' their address for a look at the parking. Their parking lot is massive. I didn't see any MH in the photo but I wouldn't hesitate to turn off of Main St onto Justins Way and head towards the back of the lot. Go to your favorite Satellite Web Site and check it out - I think you'll be reassured. Good Luck. John
johnandanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
They have RV parking. It's a great stop!
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #4

We went there last summer-if they have rv parking it was not obvious and we drove on by(sniff) Maybe a call to ask?
sallyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

If they don't have RV parking, I'm told that the city of Freeport lot does and its within walking distance. Also was told that you can even stay over night in the Freeport city parking lot (a friend stayed there last week in his coach). I couldn't find info about either one online, though.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #6

Thanks to all for the input. We've been to several places that advertise RV parking but getting a 36ft. motorhome w/towd into(and out of) the parking lot was a real challenge. A parking area for a smaller RV just isn't sufficient for a large Class A w/towd, especially when you can't back up with the towd.
That's why I was wondering if the LL Bean store was reasonably easy to get to off I-295 and had a parking lot large enough to accomodate our rig.

Thanks,
Jim
seadogjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
"It depends",..........

At times the parking lots are overflowing. Having said that, there is a rest area on Rt. #295 just south of Freeport in Yarmouth that you could unhook the toad if you felt uncomfortable. Or, unhook, run up to Freeport, do your shopping and then come back and hook back up. It's only a five minute drive straight up Rt 295 or Rt 1 which runs side by side. Note: If you go Rt #1 look for Bucks Naked BBQ on your left. You won't be sorry.

Check LL Beans free outdoor concert schedule first and DO NOT attempt to find parking 3-4 hours before their free outdoor concerts. If so, you will be part of the entertainment.

If you attempt to park near the store, look for parking lots on the right down behind some of the other stores. The lots are somewhat larger and a little more RV freindly. You could also park at Delorme Maps and see "Eartha" the large globe in the front window. They are right on Rt #1 just north of the rest area.

Getting back on Rt 295 if you are going north is a piece of cake. When you turn left at McDonalds there are a couple of parking lots you could slip into and hook back up before entering the on ramp

NOTE: Rt #95 does not go through Freeport.

Hope this helps. Any questions, feel free to ask.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #8

Ahhh, "The Bean"

We love it !..previously with an auto...
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #9

I know the area well. I lived in Brunswick about 10 miles North of LL Bean. I just came back from there. There is bus and RV parking just across the street (Main St, US1) from the main store. It is actually at the intersection of Grove St and Depot St at GPS position of 43" 51' 18.23 N and 70" 06' 16.13 W. If coming North up Main St (US1) towards the main store you turn right on West St go down about one block and turn left on Depot St and it is just about a block down on your left. You need to go one turning past Grove St and then swing left and another immediate left because it is one way going into it. I have parked my 44' with a toad in there. You will have enough room to stop the MH on Depot St and get out and take a look. If that is full then you have all kinds of parking immediately around that spot that normally stays empty because it is a longer walk to the store from there and Beans has a new enclosed car parking area across from the main store that most cars now park in. Your lenght MH is no problem in there. If there are any other questions about the area then feel free to ask.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They do allow over nights and have an area set asideLL Bean.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #11

It is a dangerous place to shop. There stuff is so neat. It is hard to get out without spending a lot of money.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #12

Have parked in the RV lot down the hill with a 45' MH with vehicle attached. Actully had a group of five coaches and we parked with no problem. The wives got their exercise toting "stuff" down the hill until they discovered free shipping home so then they only brought to the MH those items that they needed for the balance of the trip. Getting in and out was not a big problem for any of us. There are a number of other great stores in downtown that are worth making the stop for including Brooks Brothers.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We stayed in the Durham/Freeport KOA about 6 miles from LL Bean and took in the sights for a couple days, plus shopping.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #14

Wayne, how was the Freeport KOA? I am taking three MH's thruogh there the end of August for two nights and a day of shopping for the wifes. Three 45' coaches.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote