Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #1

passenger side window "kissed by the sun"

Can anybody give me advice as to how to remove the cloudiness from our passenger side window. I believe it is sun damage. Cleaning the inside or outside has no affect. All other windows and windshield are fine, just this one. Thoughts?
beachguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2017, 06:04 PM   #2

Dang Passenger Side Window

Hi
Cloudiness in our double pane window came from a leak in the seal. But before we spent bucks deluxe in getting a so very temporary fix of a "Repair' , I went to a local auto parts store and purchased a small $30.00 12 Volt Heater/Fan which I mounted next to the window and directed it at the area of passenger side glass closest to my view of the passenger outside rear-view mirror, 10-15 minutes and fog has moved way up the window and mirror view is clear and stays that way for most of day! . It plugs into a 12 Volt outlet on the passenger side floor , has a heater or fan on/off switch and easily detaches from mount when you desire.
Just my 'Fix', hope it may help!
Cuchulainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
You have to remove and reseal the windows. The seal is broken. There are many companies that will do this and there are do-it-yourself tutorials available. I've had 3 of my windows done and have another that will need it soon.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:19 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The problem you have is referred to as "Fogging",

Here's what I did
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/dont...ng-246255.html

If you are handy and aren't intimidated to tackle the jog it is an easy fix.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #5

An "easy fix"????

I beg to differ with you there.

Pulling the window out of the motorhome and putting it back in are easy things to do. Removing that aluminum extrusion from the edge of the sliding glass pane (Atwood refers to it as a "pull", some call it a "handle") is a PITA.

If pulling that "pull" off is an easy thing to do, I will need to work on my technique before I tackle the next window.

Jim, I did use your advice on the lacquer thinner. It did soften the adhesive between the glass and the pull. Maybe I needed to wait longer for the thinner to work or maybe in my case Atwood went overboard with the adhesive.

I did see one video where the pros used a paint scrapper attachment on a Sawzall to cut thru this adhesive. I may try a variation on this technique for the next window.

Anymore advice is appreciated.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSR View Post
An "easy fix"????

I beg to differ with you there.

Pulling the window out of the motorhome and putting it back in are easy things to do. Removing that aluminum extrusion from the edge of the sliding glass pane (Atwood refers to it as a "pull", some call it a "handle") is a PITA.

If pulling that "pull" off is an easy thing to do, I will need to work on my technique before I tackle the next window.

Jim, I did use your advice on the lacquer thinner. It did soften the adhesive between the glass and the pull. Maybe I needed to wait longer for the thinner to work or maybe in my case Atwood went overboard with the adhesive.

I did see one video where the pros used a paint scrapper attachment on a Sawzall to cut thru this adhesive. I may try a variation on this technique for the next window.

Anymore advice is appreciated.
Yes, that was the most difficult part of the repair for me. I used a putty knife and goof off, but If I were to do it again, I think I'd use a thin wire like that used for hanging pictures. I think it'd cut right through that tape they used to attach the frame.

Tags
window