Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2015, 09:40 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Unhappy passenger window leaking water

The passenger sliding window on my 2006 Hurricane 31D leaks water when it rains The water is running down the out side of the glass into the track from the top and filling up the track at the bottom and then goes down the inside wall to the carpet. It appears that the rubber has pulled away and that a portion of the felt (for lack of a better word) inside the track is worn or missing. any Idea how I can fix this? Where can I get parts for the inside track. Hope I've explained this correctly.
Mel

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2015, 10:12 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbell View Post
The passenger sliding window on my 2006 Hurricane 31D leaks water when it rains The water is running down the out side of the glass into the track from the top and filling up the track at the bottom and then goes down the inside wall to the carpet. It appears that the rubber has pulled away and that a portion of the felt (for lack of a better word) inside the track is worn or missing. any Idea how I can fix this? Where can I get parts for the inside track. Hope I've explained this correctly.
Mel
First, do you have an extension on your rain gutter to divert the water away from the window? After that, you'll just have to try some things for a solution.

tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:20 PM   #3

Sliding windows have drains, is yours clogged?
I blow little leaves out of mine occasionally with compressed air
Old 08-12-2015, 05:40 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The slider main frame has drain holes as mentioned in the bottom and at times they will get clogged, when they do it will allow water to enter and run down the interior wall. Air or a fine wire will clean out the drain area slots and it should end your problem. Good luck. Let us know if this helps.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #5

As stated there should be drains at the bottom of the window and they should have weep hole covers over them to cut down the wind noise. They should look like one of these, I have a total of around 36 covers.
Sullivan RV Online Parts Store: Products
2 stroker
2 Stroker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Problem Solved

I removed the tracks top and bottom and the one for the screen also. I cleaned them and put a little Silicone rubber lube on them and then reinstalled. There is a rubber insert that holds the top glass in and one corner had shrunk creating a gap at the top and acting like a funnel when it rained allowing the water to run down the vertical track to the bottom track filling it with water and the water could not get out the partly plugged weep holes fast enough. I pulled the rubber insert that holds the glass in out part way so that the gap would be at the bottom and not at the top. I took a garden hose and put a lot of water on the top of the window, and with the weep holes clear I could see water running out but not filling and over flowing the track. Problem solved for now.
Mel

Tags
leak, water, window