Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First of all Banks does not make a kit for the CAT engine. You may want to have CAT reflash your computer for updates and check to see if your intercooler connections are all tight.

Secondly, TS performance makes a programmer for your CAT engine. I have been happy with it so far along with the Aero Muffler I installed. You still need to monitor your temps and not turn it up all the way. www.brazilsrv.com has some info on this product and they can answer your questions.

Good luck!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rver98 View Post
First of all Banks does not make a kit for the CAT engine. You may want to have CAT reflash your computer for updates and check to see if your intercooler connections are all tight.

Secondly, TS performance makes a programmer for your CAT engine. I have been happy with it so far along with the Aero Muffler I installed. You still need to monitor your temps and not turn it up all the way. www.brazilsrv.com has some info on this product and they can answer your questions.

Good luck!
Correction:
www.brazelsrv.com

Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Banks kit is in and now I know what was wrong

So I drive to Banks in Azuza last night and park there so they can start work at 6 AM putting in the Banks kit. 2:30PM they take it for a test drive and when he returns it's immediately back to the shop. I see them under the engine with an impact wrench tightening something and off he goes again. Back in five minutes and back to the shop. Soon the head guy and the mechanic come tell me the good news is Banks kit works but they found two nuts were missing and two others were loose on the turbo changer where it hooks to the exhaust manifold. This caused the boost to only get to 15 lbs. Guess we now know why this was a gutless wonder. They were able to replace the missing nuts and tighten the loose nuts. Test drive OK and boost now 35 lbs when you're on it. They say I need to take it to Frieghtliner to make sure the metal gasket is not damaged and confirm it is not leaking.
I might have been happy with the motor stock if it had ever worked correctly. Runs real good now and lots of power, I only use power level 3 and it goes to 6. Now I have a boost gauge and exhaust gas temp gauge so I know what is happening.
The joys of buying used, a visit to Freightliner before purchase would have been wise, next time for sure.
Goes up hills as fast as you want to drive and the exhaust brake works great now. I think the Grapevine would be easy at 65 or better now.
Wallet is lighter so I did my part to keep the world from an economic crisis. Batteries next as they were down to 11.9 volts when I started the beast last night.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Pulled the Bakersfield east many times with the Cat 330 in a HRambler with a trailer at 7500#. Was doing 38mph in 3rd gear and thought I was doing good. Last inspection at Brazel's with the start of a heating problem found a bad charge radiator(loosing boost, i don't have a boost gauge) now I can hold 4th gear and about 50. Same with the Siskiyous. And now I only have a few minutes at the lower gears so I don't think I'll at any aftermarket chips