Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2014, 02:56 PM   #1

Pet Ramp

Anybody out there have suggestions on a pet ramp that works good in lieu of trying to get an oldtimer (dog, not me) up the stairs on a class a.

Thanks
ranger44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #2

We use a telescoping pet ramp (I think that ours is the Solvit Deluxe) and place it on the top extending step, then our girls make the last two steps inside on their own.

The downside is that it takes up all but about 3 inches of the width of the step, so a little dicey to leave it up and try to tiptoe around it getting in and out.

We already had it for use with our SUV, so it isn't necessarily the optimal solution, but does work pretty well for us.

John
Old 05-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
x2 on the Solvit extending ramp.

We found our Wheaten Terrior still had trouble with the non-slip on the ramp and the slick steps inside the MH entry.

I cut up some indoor/outdoor carpet and fastened it to the ramp and the interior steps to improve his traction. That seemed to help.

He is gone now, but we will introduce our Springer Spaniel pup to ramps very early in life.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
CW has this Pet Stairs and Ramp - Unique Petz UPS-1202CW - Pet Furniture and Furnishings - Camping World

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #5

X3 for the Solvit ramp... have the XL version for two Great Danes in our Safari Trek. Our older boy can't handle the stairs so this makes it easy for him.. Our girl is younger and bounds right up the ramp. It collapses down to 4 feet and is only about 3-3.5 inches thick so it fits great in one of the basement compartments that goes across the coach. Much lighter/smaller footprint than the set of fold-up pet steps we also have.
henecle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Our old cat would sit there and meow until someone lifted her up. So got a nice ramp and she refused to use it. Ugh!
Pexring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #7

Pet ramp

I made a ramp from a piece of plywood glued a piece of out- door carpet and screwed two angle brackets to the back of the carpet side which clips at the back of the first step and it works great
Duncan B.B.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Good Idea, Poor Execution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
I bought one of these last year. Probably the worst POS I've ever got stuck with. Screws pulled out of the fiberboard leg and step pieces after just a couple of uses.

I may re-make this using solid wood instead of the cardboard this product uses. All I could use from this would be the metal pieces. On second thought, I think I've already thrown the one I bought in the trash.

Don't waste your money.
gfs1943 is offline   Reply With Quote