Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #1

Picking up a new Breeze and some questions!

After almost 2 months will be taking delivery of a 32 ft Tiffin Breeze Monday. We did lots of reading and asking questions. I should be very happy with her. I plan to try to use the Econo mode as much as possible and to try to keep speeds down to about 60mpg. Hopefully I should be able to get about 12 mpg or better.
It's time to try to relax and take things easy. How are the other Breeze owner doing with mileage? How is battery life dry camping? Has anyone had an issue with the lowness to the ground of the coach? How well does does she do in the cold weather? Is there anything you learned about your coach that would help me?

Fred and Cynthia Johnson

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Even though I have a Monaco. I spend most of my time in TRVN. Look at TiffinRVNetwork.

You will find a lot of people with Breezes. I think we had 7 or 8 at our last rally in Pine Mountain, GA.

You can get all your questios answered there.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #3

Hi Fred and Cynthia...first congratulations on getting you new Breeze this Monday.
I know how excited you must be. Best of luck with it.
We have our Breeze since July..we are just getting 10 mph now after 8000 miles, BUT....we usually drive around 65, tow and live on L.I. Which means stop and go traffic for the first 1 1/2 hr. We just drove home from alabama (CRB..the tiffin repair center) at 70 mph the whole way, and got 10 mpg. yes, going up some hills on I 81 thru Virginia, WV and Pennsylvania...a lot of time maintaing that speed.
So we are not disappointed as we know if we had better driving habits we would def. get better mileage.
The generator will use about a gallon of gas for every 6 hrs. Of use we were told.
The dash heater works well..although like with any motor home you will feel cold air come from the back if it is really cold out. There are some suggestions for that, like putting a stretch rod with a curtain or blanket behind the front seats to keep the warm air up front, and colder air in back.
When you get to your destination and turn the heat on, the inside heats up quickly.
Not sure where you live or are going to pick it up, and if you got the optional heat pump or not.
Send me a p. m. And I'll be more than happy to answer anything else.
We love our Breeze!
Sue
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumar
Hi Fred and Cynthia...first congratulations on getting you new Breeze this Monday.
I know how excited you must be. Best of luck with it.
We have our Breeze since July..we are just getting 10 mph now after 8000 miles, BUT....we usually drive around 65, tow and live on L.I. Which means stop and go traffic for the first 1 1/2 hr. We just drove home from alabama (CRB..the tiffin repair center) at 70 mph the whole way, and got 10 mpg. yes, going up some hills on I 81 thru Virginia, WV and Pennsylvania...a lot of time maintaing that speed.
So we are not disappointed as we know if we had better driving habits we would def. get better mileage.
The generator will use about a gallon of gas for every 6 hrs. Of use we were told.
The dash heater works well..although like with any motor home you will feel cold air come from the back if it is really cold out. There are some suggestions for that, like putting a stretch rod with a curtain or blanket behind the front seats to keep the warm air up front, and colder air in back.
When you get to your destination and turn the heat on, the inside heats up quickly.
Not sure where you live or are going to pick it up, and if you got the optional heat pump or not.
Send me a p. m. And I'll be more than happy to answer anything else.
We love our Breeze!
Sue
We are in southern calif. We have the unit with the heat pump. We purchased a 2012 year. I just learned Friday that the RV had batteries under the front steps. My sales person don't know this. Are you using the heat pump or the propane heat? What repair did Tiffin have to do?
Old 12-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #5

Thumbs up

Like any new motor home there was small stuff that we "wanted" taken care of, nothing that interferred with the use of the coach at all. And 2 important things. Small stuff like having the DS signal camera touched up as it was alittle scratched and paint chipped from time of delivery. also wanted more "p" hooks put on both DS and PS window chains like the one that holds the chain on the door. Added 2 lights in the basement as my husband felt it was too dark to see good if he was putting stuff away at night, clips on steps where batteries were didn't hold tight. Small stuff light that. Undoubtedly there will be some little issues with yours too.
Now these were things a good dealership could do..however we live in NY, and bought in Mississippi because we are not happy with any dealerships in our area so went to Camp Red Bay....
Now the 2 big things were: 2 leaky electrical compartments that caused them to get wet while driving, and the second thing something the 2012's have that the 2011's didn't. The access door for the oil change (which is under the bed). Also got the transmission module upgraded to the 2012's, where you can use it on economy mode or performance. We didn't have that feature either.
It is great feature having the batteries under the steps..very easy to get to.

Now about the heat pump:
it will not function if it is under 40 degrees out. But if it is over 40 it will work great just put the thermostat to electric and it will get nice and warm
HOWEVER if the coach is 50 inside and you want it to get up to 65, and you put the heat pump on, the propane will go on UNTIL it reaches 3 degrees of desired temperature. IF you don't want the propane to come on at all then just move the thermostat in 3 degree increments until you get to your temp.
I learned that from some guys on the TRVN board, who are very smart BTW...who have phaetons and Allegro Bus's so its not just the Breeze that is like that.

Also another tip: if you do run the generator and you get low on fuel, lets say between 1/8th to 1/4 of a tank , the generator might/will cut off.
It is a safety feature that will not allow you to run out of gas because you are using the generator. If this happens, there is no problem, but the next time you go to use it it will be harder to start, thats all...like a car thats run out of gas and the gas has to work its way thru the lines again.
Ok, tomorrow is your bug day, and I hope everything goes well, and you love your Breeze as much as I love mine.
Let us know how it goes.
Sue
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote