RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2018, 06:57 AM   #1

Please forgive this newbie list

First many thanks to all who advised us nor to fear a low mile 2007 Fleetwood Southwind. We brought it back to St.Louis from Muscle Shoals,AL this past week. Now I keep searching the threads for items without much luck. So I will post all my concerns at one time and begin my saga. 1.Fogged windows, repair or replace. Best source for each? 2.Struts on storage doors best source? 3.Replacing rear camera and ad side cameras.Brands and source recommendations? 4.Unit has a FlowPur water filter need input on drinking water filter? 5.Fog lights both, out how to trouble shoot? 6.Generator hour meter mounted under the dash. Must press the face back and forth to get numbers. How can I repair or replace it and set at correct number of hours.
Well that's my honeydo list any help is greatly appreciated. This group is a god send.

hunt813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2018, 10:17 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt813 View Post
First many thanks to all who advised us nor to fear a low mile 2007 Fleetwood Southwind. We brought it back to St.Louis from Muscle Shoals,AL this past week. Now I keep searching the threads for items without much luck. So I will post all my concerns at one time and begin my saga. 1.Fogged windows, repair or replace.

Many threads on here about fogged dual pane windows. Use the search box with the Google logo to find threads on the topic. Do something soon, the glass can actually get etched or stained if left fogged.

Best source for each? 2.Struts on storage doors best source?

Google 'gas struts' and you'll find many resources, from measuring to replacing.

3.Replacing rear camera and ad side cameras.Brands and source recommendations?

So many brands and innovations, I wouldn't have a suggestion.

4.Unit has a FlowPur water filter need input on drinking water filter?

I'm not very fussy, we use a Brita pitcher in the RV but I'm not opposed to drinking out of a hose. I think selling bottled water has got to be one of the great brainwashing accomplishments of advertisers! Whole system filters reduce pressure and flow, but I live in Cincinnati where we have good water out of the tap.

5.Fog lights both, out how to troubleshoot?

Check the fuse then turn them on and then pull the connector off the back and test for power. If you have power, the bulbs are bad. No power- check for a solenoid, switch, or wiring issue. Bad grounds cause many problems in RVs.

6.Generator hour meter mounted under the dash. Must press the face back and forth to get numbers. How can I repair or replace it and set at correct number of hours.

Hour meters are generally tamper proof. Note the reading of the old meter and then label the new meter with note: "+xyz hrs"

Well that's my honeydo list any help is greatly appreciated. This group is a god send.

Glad you're here!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:34 AM   #3

As far as the glass goes check with local glass shops to see if any actually make up insulated glass. If they do then ask if they can repair yours.

A lot of glass shops only replace with panels they get made somewhere else.

What you will get here is mostly xyz glass company did an excellent (or poor) job in someplace other than where you live. As I recall there are a few mentions of folks who repaired their own. Supplies are available via the Internet.

The hour meter may be simply a loose screw or something more difficult. I'd start by taking the meter out and checking for loose assembly screws or equivalent.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:11 AM   #4

Gas struts go by several names. The important part in the length and weight rating. I found 2 at O Riley's that where only 5 or 10 lbs more then my originals and the 2 cost less then half of what Winnebago wanted for 1. Shop around Amazon has a ton as does eBay.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:44 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt813 View Post
First many thanks to all who advised us nor to fear a low mile 2007 Fleetwood Southwind. We brought it back to St.Louis from Muscle Shoals,AL this past week. Now I keep searching the threads for items without much luck. So I will post all my concerns at one time and begin my saga. 1.Fogged windows, repair or replace. Best source for each? 2.Struts on storage doors best source? 3.Replacing rear camera and ad side cameras.Brands and source recommendations? 4.Unit has a FlowPur water filter need input on drinking water filter? 5.Fog lights both, out how to trouble shoot? 6.Generator hour meter mounted under the dash. Must press the face back and forth to get numbers. How can I repair or replace it and set at correct number of hours.
As far as the glass - I just replaced mine. There is a place in Arkansas that specializes in this type of repair. When I checked they could have saved me a few bucks but by the time I drove and stayed would have been higher.

I did find that I could get new glass without the frame and just replace the glass myself. Saved quite a bit. Call your manufacturer of the glass to see who the distributor is/was. You will need the exact part number of the window in order to get the correct glass. Have to do your homework. The install is not difficult. Many YouTube Videos on the subject.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:45 AM   #6
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Fog lamps probably only work with headlight on and in the dim position. Could be a fuse blown too.

Gas shocks are marked along the sides. Amazon and many automotive stores have them as well as any good RV supply.

Side cameras have never been my cup of tea. I especially did not like when the turn signals took my rear camera away to show the side cameras. I disabled that function long ago.

Good spot mirrors are a must but most RV's have them.

There is one situation I do like my rt side camera. Heavy traffic and needing to move to the right lane. I program my monitor to look at the rear and right camera at the same time. The left side does not have any blind area on my RV. I don't do this often but sometimes when needing to get through unknown towns it is handy.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:51 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Bob gave you good advice!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Fog lamps probably only work with headlight on and in the dim position. Could be a fuse blown too.

Gas shocks are marked along the sides. Amazon and many automotive stores have them as well as any good RV supply.

Side cameras have never been my cup of tea. I especially did not like when the turn signals took my rear camera away to show the side cameras. I disabled that function long ago.

Good spot mirrors are a must but most RV's have them.

There is one situation I do like my rt side camera. Heavy traffic and needing to move to the right lane. I program my monitor to look at the rear and right camera at the same time. The left side does not have any blind area on my RV. I don't do this often but sometimes when needing to get through unknown towns it is handy.
How did you program the camera system?
jerzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #9
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I used my owners manual to find out how to run the monitor. It has a lot of features. It is a Voyager.

Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags