Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2014, 06:15 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I have a writen purchase agreement on a2015 anthem with lazy days, it was done during the tampa show
Your OP title says ASPIRE 44 but you state here a 2015 Anthem?

Someone has screwed up big time. I can't even believe that happened. How did I get a $2,500. deposit and they hit you for 50%? Was the purchase agreement signed by LD? I am also surprised that my salesperson that I saw at a show yesterday could not give me info on a 2015. Something is not right here, that does not even sound like LD, North Trails, I could believe that.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Indycoltsguy, please disregard my previous post. I misread who the poster was. My apology.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #17
GKW

This sounds like a dealer that has cash flow problems to demand such a high deposit. Unfortunately if this is the case they will try every stalling tactic they can to keep stringing you on because they need the money. Hope I'm wrong, but I would immediately start a non stop effort to get that deposit back. Don't accept anymore excuses or price add ons. Thirty years in business makes me suspicious of deals like this. Your best bet is to get the manufacturer to intervene on your behalf.
GKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:49 AM   #18

I am going to take your advise as I asked for it and call Entegra. I wonder if the Previous Owners and now the CEO would take my call?
I was also just going to ask for my money back and go somewhere that had a 44u but I think the features of the 15 that were provided to me are substantial enough to wait.
indycoltsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Keep in mind, given the weather delays and the fact that Entegra does rolling changes thru out the year, you could be getting a late 14 model with the 2015 changes rolled in because the factory has a start date for the build line changes. Might want to ask Entegra since you're looking for a total clarification as to what the heck is going on.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #20

Wanted to give everyone that had great comments an update.
I went into the dealer today and sat down with the owner.
He continued to lie to me so I told him I wanted my money back.
He was really upset, so I stepped outside and called my attorney, and had him call and now I have my deposit back.
I like Entegra! I just don't know about the MEGA superstores but I think I will call and talk to them tomorrow!
Thanks Again!
indycoltsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have been in the automotive sales industry for over 30 years and I don't care who's fault it is {Dealer or Manufacturer} GET YOU MONEY BACK! Deals that go this way in the beginning are only going to get worse as time rolls on. Who knows what you would really get when your coach arrives! Save yourself.....GET OUT OF THE DEAL!
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #22

I agree with a lot of advice here. Both Lazy Days and RV One were willing to sell to us with $5,000 down. We bought from RV One. By the time our coach came in the model year had changed to 2012 rather than the 2011 we had ordered. We were not charged any money extra for the model year change although I have to say that the features and options in our 2012 were the same as the optioned out 2011 we had ordered so really the only major difference was the model year. In your circumstances would do the same as you and start all over. I would though echo the comments here that Entegra Coach seems to be to be a great company and I cannot say anything negative about them. In cases where a dealer might make claims that are a bit optomistic ( not the two dealers mentioned here by the way) my experience is that the Entegra Coach rpeople have been more realistic in addressing the same questions.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Good on you...sent you a PM...maybe you'll find some info useful in your search.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:48 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycoltsguy View Post
He was really upset, so I stepped outside and called my attorney, and had him call and now I have my deposit back.
I like Entegra! I just don't know about the MEGA superstores but I think I will call and talk to them tomorrow!
Thanks Again!
Good for you and a smart move. There is nothing wrong with the three Entegra Super Stores. They are the super stores for a reason, they are treating people right, or it would be all over the forums. Shop all three for the best price and play one against the other. It took me 2 weeks to get to the best price from the dealer I wanted, but in end it worked.

Something else to consider, the Super Stores will get better pricing and factory service from Entegra on the volume they deal in.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #25

I would hope you are paying attention to the bulk of the responders telling you to cancel this deal. I would never consider doing business with anyone that does business like you have experienced. Far too many good manufacturers to choose from and far more reputable dealers than the one that is hosing you !
Old 01-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #26

If you call lazy days ask for Brant Graves he is great to deal with and straight forward, our Anthem will be the second coach we bought from him.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycoltsguy View Post
Thanks Again!
My advice to you was going to be go talk to your attorney and have him contact them. I am glad you were able to get your money back. I was having serious doubts about it. 1/2 down is a boat load of money. I used to sell real estate and people that do the large down payments usually are pretty unscrupulous. I was worried that your contract might have clauses that said in case of weather delays the delivery date could be changed. Or a clause that said in case of design changes by the manufacturer color options might be changed. There is a lot of small print that can change the contract in a hurry. I am going to recommend that when you go to buy your next coach you take the PA to your attorney and have him go over it. I also recommend that if they want more than 5 thousand down you ask why. I would also recommend you call the factory and inquire about their relations with any dealer you are considering purchasing a new coach through. They do not want people coming on forums like this and relating the kind of stories you have related. I realize that it is a dealer problem but no one wants their product aligned with a bad dealership.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #28

Dealer name?? I would for sure report this to Entegra. If I owned Entegra and my dealer was acting like this they would no longer be selling my product.