Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #1

Please HELP ASPIRE 44U

I need some help from Veteran Class A Buyers.
I have been looking at an Aspire 44U.
I wanted a 2015. The dealership told me to make an offer so I did and they accepted. I signed the PA put down half of the funds. I have it in writing I would have my coach on or before April 30 th.
Now that date has changed to May or June due to "Weather Delays"
I am told my 2015 has gone up $15,000. The color that my salesperson said was avail is NOT
The couch is not the same as the one on the lot. It doesn't fold down into a bed as written on the PA.
I talked to the Entegra Rep Wednesday and he emailed me and said he would allow me to pick an Anthem Color since mine was discontinued.
Well his boss told my dealership that that is not allowed after my wife and I spend hours looking thru colors for the third time.
My wife and I are really frustrated. We are worried if we continue that Entegra will not be around.
I am a business owner and I know any business that runs as poorly as this one will be gone.
Please advise me of what should I do. This is our First Class A and it's a great deal of money for us.
Thanks in advance!!
Stu

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Get your money back and look at Newmar instead. If they are changing things so much and will not honor the contract then as far as I am concerned they can not be trusted for anything.

FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Walk away from it and get a Newmar. You won't be sorry.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycoltsguy View Post
I need some help from Veteran Class A Buyers.
I have been looking at an Aspire 44U.
I wanted a 2015. The dealership told me to make an offer so I did and they accepted. I signed the PA put down half of the funds. I have it in writing I would have my coach on or before April 30 th.
Now that date has changed to May or June due to "Weather Delays"
I am told my 2015 has gone up $15,000. The color that my salesperson said was avail is NOT
The couch is not the same as the one on the lot. It doesn't fold down into a bed as written on the PA.
I talked to the Entegra Rep Wednesday and he emailed me and said he would allow me to pick an Anthem Color since mine was discontinued.
Well his boss told my dealership that that is not allowed after my wife and I spend hours looking thru colors for the third time.
My wife and I are really frustrated. We are worried if we continue that Entegra will not be around.
I am a business owner and I know any business that runs as poorly as this one will be gone.
Please advise me of what should I do. This is our First Class A and it's a great deal of money for us.
Thanks in advance!!
Stu
Whoa! I have more than a couple of questions about this deal.

1) When did you place an order for a 2015 that was going to be delivered before April 30th? I changed an order for 2014 to a 2015 a week ago. Up until that time there was NO information available about 2015's. Mine is due in Early June.

2) You say you signed a purchase agreement and put 50% down? I do not mean to be disrespectful in any way but, why so much down? I ordered a Cornerstone for $5,000 down - fully refundable.

3) Now they want an additional $15,000 for the 2015. You have a signed PA! How do they come back now and try to get more money?? You have a contract!!

This whole deal seems way too confusing. I don't know who your dealer is but, I would seriously consider canceling the deal and finding someone easier to do business with. If this is the kind of trouble you are having with ordering a new coach, what is going to happen once you need service on it after the sale.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
Get your money back and look at Newmar instead. If they are changing things so much and will not honor the contract then as far as I am concerned they can not be trusted for anything.
I don't think the issue here is with Entegra. I think the issue is with the dealer that he has been dealing with. I have heard just as many horror stories about certain Ft Myers based dealerships as well and they don't sell Entegra's.

Both Newmar and Entegra build quality coaches and both have excellent customer service. Let's not turn a dealership issue into a brand war.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippsfl View Post
Whoa! I have more than a couple of questions about this deal. 1) When did you place an order for a 2015 that was going to be delivered before April 30th? I changed an order for 2014 to a 2015 a week ago. Up until that time there was NO information available about 2015's. Mine is due in Early June. 2) You say you signed a purchase agreement and put 50% down? I do not mean to be disrespectful in any way but, why so much down? I ordered a Cornerstone for $5,000 down - fully refundable. 3) Now they want an additional $15,000 for the 2015. You have a signed PA! How do they come back now and try to get more money?? You have a contract!! This whole deal seems way too confusing. I don't know who your dealer is but, I would seriously consider canceling the deal and finding someone easier to do business with. If this is the kind of trouble you are having with ordering a new coach, what is going to happen once you need service on it after the sale.
I agree with this post. This is not an Entegra issue, it's a dealership issue. I'm not an owner of an Entegra but I've seen enough postings to know that Entegra is known for not doing any custom builds such as non standard colors. This dealer had you sign a PA that they basically know is not possible and now they want to extort more money out of you and change things into what they will build. I'll bet Entegra is not one of the signers of yours agreement.

The dealer is a charlatan. Get your money back and go elsewhere.
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I'd say first, either the color you ordered is the color you will receive. If they told you that you must choose a 2015 color (which sounds strange, because I don't think they have officially put up the 2015 colors for Anthem), then you should be able to choose a color of your choice. I think the delivery date probably drives whether you have 2014 or 2015 colors in front of you. The fact that they have lost so many days to weather (many of which the state said anyone on the highways would be ticketed) is likely the reason for the delay.

Bottom line...you hold the cards. The dealer (I have a sneaking idea) is behind this confusion. You have a contract if you want it, but you have the grounds to cancel it if they do not respond to the contractual terms...you didn't order a 2015. There is one person that frequents this forum who reshopped his bid with orders from three different dealers before he got the one he wanted. Talk to Lazy Days, RVOne, and MHSRV. Shop your deal with them and get a better price with what you want. They have already put dozens of coaches on pre-order (don't know how many 2014s are left). Don't let a dealer that is playing games turn you away from a great coach (and thanks to our Newmar friends for their great recommendations...instead of paying $15K more, he'd get to pay $50K more...but he would get comfort drive). Entegra is a reputable company. Worse come to worse, ask to talk to one of the Bontragers (owners). I suspect that the small dealer I think you're dealing with may be confusing the issue. All JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I'd say first, either the color you ordered is the color you will receive. If they told you that you must choose a 2015 color (which sounds strange, because I don't think they have officially put up the 2015 colors for Anthem), then you should be able to choose a color of your choice. I think the delivery date probably drives whether you have 2014 or 2015 colors in front of you. The fact that they have lost so many days to weather (many of which the state said anyone on the highways would be ticketed) is likely the reason for the delay.

Bottom line...you hold the cards. The dealer (I have a sneaking idea) is behind this confusion. You have a contract if you want it, but you have the grounds to cancel it if they do not respond to the contractual terms...you didn't order a 2015. There is one person that frequents this forum who reshopped his bid with orders from three different dealers before he got the one he wanted. Talk to Lazy Days, RVOne, and MHSRV. Shop your deal with them and get a better price with what you want. They have already put dozens of coaches on pre-order (don't know how many 2014s are left). Don't let a dealer that is playing games turn you away from a great coach (and thanks to our Newmar friends for their great recommendations...instead of paying $15K more, he'd get to pay $50K more...but he would get comfort drive). Entegra is a reputable company. Worse come to worse, ask to talk to one of the Bontragers (owners). I suspect that the small dealer I think you're dealing with may be confusing the issue. All JMHO
I couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:02 PM   #9

The dealer and Entegra promised me the date based on they already had an order in the system and someone cancelled.
I guess I fell for it since it was in writing from Entegra and the Dealer.
I had to give this dealer 50 percent as that is their policy. When I questioned the amount they said it was because I was paying cash and they don't typically stock that floorplan.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cancel the deal. The dealer sounds unethical from the outset. Hope you don't have a problem getting your substantial deposit back...
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Stu,
I will share my experience with you that has happened in the past couple of days.

I have a 2014 Anthem on order and I have also experienced "Weather Delays" and probably have another as mine was due to ship tomorrow, but looking at the weather, I don't see that happening. Act of God, can't be helped.

I think you have more of a dealer problem than an Entegra problem. I met with my salesperson from Lazy Days yesterday, one of the top three Entegra dealers in the nation. I asked him questions about the 2015 and they were NOT even quoting prices yet on the 2015 Anthem and Aspires. I don't know who your dealer is, but if the top dealer was not sure of "all" of the changes and prices yet, seems strange that someone would write a contract on the unknown.

I asked the question the other-day on the Entegra forum if anybody knew what the up-charges were for all of the improvements on the 2015 and nobody responded. There is no way all of those upgrades are going to be free. You are the first one that has posted a price that I have seen, except for Crippsfl Cornerstone order but those prices and changes have already been released.

It sounds like your dealer took an order for a 2014 and you are expecting a 2015 with the 2014 colors, floor plan and price. Unless you take a 2014 model year, I don't think your PA is going to be a go. It sounds like you need a face to face with your dealer.

As for Entegra not being around....I owned the earlier model of the Entegra, the Travel Supreme that did go broke and I am back. Entegra is one of only a couple of 100% family own, free and clear RV manufacture that have been in business for over 40 years. There is a 6 month waiting list for new orders, so where would Entegra go? And as far as a "business run that way", Entegra has one of the best customer services in the business and backs it up with a 2 year warranty, is anybody else doing that?

I would really sit down with your dealer face to face and resolve your contract issues. It isn't the MH manufacture that wrote the contract or accepted your money. I hope you can get your dealer issues worked out and enjoy one heck of a nice MH. My last one was so great, I wouldn't even think of another manufacture. JMO.

If you tell me your dealer is LD, I am going to beat my rep up.

BTW, I had an offer to change mine to a 2015 yesterday with a buyer waiting for mine when it came in next week (?) and I politely said no thanks.

I just read you deposit post, I am also a cash purchaser and my 100% refundable deposit was $2,500. Something is strange there.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #12

I agree with the poster who suggested that you contact Entegra directly. A 50% deposit wow!! I would guess that the Bontragers would want to know that and would get involved pretty quickly on your behalf, they have a great reputation and have been doing this a long time. The weather in Indiana this Winter has probably delayed coaches at all of the factories, but not by for up to 45 days. I'm a loyal Newmar owner, but can tell you that Entegra is going to be around, and we all benefit from the fact that Entegra and Newmar are keeping a close eye on each other.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
If the dealer told you that, I agree...unscupulous dealer. PERIOD.

I recommend you start over...cancel the contract for non-performance on the dealer's part. They have to return you deposit, completely.

As to the delayed delivery...Entegra can't produce coaches on the same timeline if the factory there or the paint shop is closed down due to weather. They only have so much capacity. And the timelines are even tougher at Precision Painting, who was already working 10-12 hours a day and 5.5 days a week. Your original delivery dat would suggest a start dat around 1 Feb. I'd bet they are approx 2 weeks behind because of the weather.

I know the challenges right now for you seem ridiculous, but don't give up...I was a first timer just 13 months ago. Can't believe how much DW and I enjoy this lifestyle. And before I give up on Entegra, I'd call the Entegra Sales Office at Middlebury and have a brief but pointed discussion with the VP or General Manager of Sales. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Hi Stu,

I think you have more of a dealer problem than an Entegra problem. I met with my salesperson from Lazy Days yesterday, one of the top three Entegra dealers in the nation. I asked him questions about the 2015 and they were NOT even quoting prices yet on the 2015 Anthem and Aspires. I don't know who your dealer is, but if the top dealer was not sure of "all" of the changes and prices yet, .
I have a writen purchase agreement on a2015 anthem with lazy days, it was done during the tampa show